Discount for Note 7 owners

Eric Lipkind

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Was there supposed to be a discount on the Note 8 for those of us who went through the Note 7 debacle? I was forced to purchase an S7 Edge and hope they give something decent in exchange.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard of Note 7 owners being given a discount to purchase the next Note. As far as I know, the Note line was uncertain after the issues with the 7, and giving owners a discount guarantee on a future, unannounced device seems unlikely - though, I could be wrong.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Doubt it. Doesn't matter to me tho cause I'm a loyal note fan. So I let that note 7 fiasco go and I'll be happy just to be able to get the note 8.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only discount I was aware of was a slight price reduction for the S7. And even then, there was the guaranteed full refund return regardless of condition. I honestly think that was much more than fair from Samsung.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't aware anyone was forced to buy an S7. Only thing that was forced was the return of the Note 7 and people got refunded for it.

I'm not aware of Samung doing anything for a promotion on the Note 8 for Note 7 buyers.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't aware anyone was forced to buy an S7. Only thing that was forced was the return of the Note 7 and people got refunded for it.

I'm not aware of Samung doing anything for a promotion on the Note 8 for Note 7 buyers.

You had a choice of what phone you got, no body was forced to buy the 7edge. I did get a extra credit from T-Mobile and I got it twice because I had to return the 7 twice and they also gave me credit for all my accessories I bought too. To be honest I wouldn't care if we didn't get any kind of promotion I'm happy with just getting the phone.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
It amazes me how some Note 7 owners keep expecting things from Samsung.

I was wondering that same thing too and wondering why this far down the road why would anyone think you get a discount now for the Note 7 they gave you a refund for it? I'm sorry we had to give them up too but damn the company bent over backwards for what they did and they get on my respect for doing that.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well Samsung has discounted the S8 fairly quickly! Perhaps within 3 to 6 months the Note 8 will get the same 150 discount. :) Plus they are likely to offer pre-order promos as well, such as free GearVR or a free memory card, etc.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why worry? Samsung throws out a ton of promos with their big launches. There might be free VR headsets, SD cards, etc.... I am not expecting any special treatment because I had a Note 7 for all of 5 minutes before it was recalled.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I still have my Gear VR (from S8+) promo with the remote still in the box, never has been used. I thought I would just sell it but I never got around to it. I can't use it... Anyone want to buy a Gear VR? Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty