Note8 outrunned by s8+ on Geekbench test

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I read on another site saying that this ain't the final test. Something about another one will be done after the unpacking.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well they are comparing the numbers to the Exynos S8 also so it's as close to Apples-to-Apples comparo.

Not a big diff... You have more stuff like pen software running in background i guess, Android 7.1.1 and probably some changes to UI/skin so could be a number of things to slow it down. I guess have 2gb more memory doesn't really help except but I am surprised. I think the S7E outperformed the Note 7 last year too so nothing new.

So what's the best deals on a S8+ right now.... around <$700? If you don't want the S-Pen then the differences between the two in performance and specs are so little to justify the almost $300 diff.

Well. .
"The uniut used in the test is an international variant which means that the Exynos 8895 chipset was employed."

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone actually care about benchmarks anymore? I haven't for about 4 years now. I can't even imagine worrying about such things. I guess , to each his own though. Just about all modern flagships are plenty fast enough for just about everything I would ever do. For me these benchmark tests are about as useless as anything I would care about in a smart phone I must say. I know there are folks who want to know this stuff, nothing wrong with that, it's just not anything I would lose sleep over ..

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone actually care about benchmarks anymore? I haven't for about 4 years now. I can't even imagine worrying about such things. I guess , to each his own though. Just about all modern flagships are plenty fast enough for just about everything I would ever do. For me these benchmark tests are about as useless as anything I would care about in a smart phone I must say. I know there are folks who want to know this stuff, nothing wrong with that, it's just not anything I would lose sleep over ..

I agree... I think the phones have ALL gotten so fast now that we can't see or feel these Benchmark differences any more!

...of course, I'm 67 - I tell the phone to do something and it's done before I've thought of the next thing I want it to do anyway, nowadays!

OhNo.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree... I think the phones have ALL gotten so fast now that we can't see or feel these Benchmark differences any more!

...of course, I'm 67 - I tell the phone to do something and it's done before I've thought of the next thing I want it to do anyway, nowadays!

View attachment 265622

Lmao sometimes my phones creep me out when I give it like maybe 2 words and it already knows what I want it to do.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

To the uneducated bigger numbers are bigger numbers.
Hence in the example of OnePlus more ram seems to be something there is a lot of focus on.
To the educated however, no.
Because we know that the experience is more than theoretical performance.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
True. I have my S7 Edge on battery saving mode with the CPU limited to 70% capacity. Lol. Sometimes I'm considering moving down to a mid ranger for my next phone, but meh, a flagship will hold out longer in terms of future proofing for app usage and features. Plus updates are better guaranteed.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
iPhone clobbers both of these. Does that mean I want an IPhone now? lol

How come Apple always thrashed the rest? Is it because of Android system limitation itself or Apple's own processor is just too powerful? How come Apple can create a processor so much more powerful than OEM companies which are making processors all their life?