Got My Hands On The Note 8 (Pix)

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I must say, this is the most Professional looking phone I've seen and held. its very classy. I also tested the animated text you can do by writing it. I sent it to my iPhone to see how it shows up, and it works just like I hoped. Its just like sending a pic, animates as it comes in to the other phone. The cam is looking great at least in the store so can't wait to get it out in the real world, The blur effect was ok, I couldn't really test it like I wanted to on a certain object. On the pic I took I blurred out the serial number and SKU, didn't wanna get anyone in trouble. Anywho, it aint much but hope u enjoy the 2 pics lol.

IMG_0329.jpgIMG_0332.jpg

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a note 5 and I could not be more disappointed in the Note 8 after the unveiling. I almost thought about getting an S8 plus but then I decided I'm not going to do that either because of the ridiculous fingerprint situation. So I will be patient and wait for Samsung to put out a real standout phone because the Note 8 is certainly not it. Note 5 has been the best phone I've ever owned and I will continue to show it love!

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've never used a Samsung Galaxy series phone, so I'm basing this on no experience with the OS, but I'd love to see this with stock Android. I'm sure all sorts of functionality would be lost though. It's such a nice looking phone.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 5 and I could not be more disappointed in the Note 8 after the unveiling. I almost thought about getting an S8 plus but then I decided I'm not going to do that either because of the ridiculous fingerprint situation. So I will be patient and wait for Samsung to put out a real standout phone because the Note 8 is certainly not it. Note 5 has been the best phone I've ever owned and I will continue to show it love!

I have a Note 5 and the Note 8 is a massive upgrade. It is just hard to see that when you're underwhelmed because it is so similar to the S8 and S8+

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
how would you describe the color of the orchid grey? I probably won't be able to see it until the weekend or next week. From your pictures it looks almost all grey, like a dull clay color grey. I was hoping it had more of the purplish tint.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
how would you describe the color of the orchid grey? I probably won't be able to see it until the weekend or next week. From your pictures it looks almost all grey, like a dull clay color grey. I was hoping it had more of the purplish tint.

I would ignore the name. It is not the same color as the old Orchid Grey.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If you're coming from the Note 5, this isn't just a Note.

Care to explain in detail? I've got a Note 5... if Verizon gives me 50% off, I might consider the Note 8. Post your detailed differences that make the Note 8 the one to trade up to. 😏 Btw... My Note 5 is fast, great display, excellent phone reception!

cnotes2016

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Care to explain in detail? I've got a Note 5... if Verizon gives me 50% off, I might consider the Note 8. Post your detailed differences that make the Note 8 the one to trade up to. Btw... My Note 5 is fast, great display, excellent phone reception!

50% off without any trade in?

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
yea the grey is deff Regular grey, no purple hue, not chrome-like, just straight up grey. Ill be going for the all black so it blends with the back cam.

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
don't know if this helps but I can palm a real basketball. The phone felt normal, I mean it is a big phone but with the screen rolling off the side and the nice shiny trim, it didn't bother me at all. Couldn't stop looking at it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a Samsung Galaxy series phone, so I'm basing this on no experience with the OS, but I'd love to see this with stock Android. I'm sure all sorts of functionality would be lost though. It's such a nice looking phone.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about stock android anymore. Samsung adds so much more to the OS than stock could ever bring.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh well... Black it is. The leaked photos made it look purplish. I don't want a dull grey. I'll still go and look at it live though. Just in case I decipher the color differently.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I still use 2 Note 4's and I won't give them up! So I will buy the Note 8 outright, "NOte" trades! I really wanted coral blue, oh well...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana