Will you use a different launcher?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten used to the loo and feel of this windows launcher.
It'd be good to stay native as much as possible.
But, that sort of defeats one of the beautiful things about Android; customability.
Are you going to use another launcher or stay with the stock launcher?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I put Nova on my LG phones, but I've pretty much stayed stock with Samsung's UX since the S7 Edge. I did like the 7.11-ish features Nova added last year, but since the Note actually has 7.11 I'm not concerned :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova for years. No plans of changing any time soon. I do give the stock UI a spin, but always end up back with Nova.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought Samsung is now using the Samsung Experience UI and left Touchwiz that started the S8?
I don't think even the S8 is referred to as TouchWiz. I think it changed when the Note7 came out. The Nougat update on the S7/S7E included this update, along with the S8 when it was released.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
If you decide to use Nova (I love it) Sign up for the beta. It has the latest and greatest! I have never had any problems with the beta, I can't answer for other peeps experience... PS, be sure to get the Pro version if you want to. It's definitely worth it.

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I always try to run stock for a week then end up switching back to nova. I'll do the same with the N8 but I really like my invisible icons in nova so I'm sure it will end up being my launcher.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Most likely not... especially now that Samsung updated their launcher to include the swipe down on the homescreen to access the notification shade gesture

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Nova for a while on my S8 plus but recently went to stock and kinda like it. Works well and gets the job done

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Most likely not... especially now that Samsung updated their launcher to include the swipe down on the homescreen to access the notification shade gesture

That's the best feature on Nova. I tried it on a note 8 model at Verizon the other day and swiping down opened the app drawer. So did swiping up. Maybe there was somewhere in the settings to customize, I didn't look.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you customize it at all so tapping up on an an application in my case opens new appointment missing out me having to open the app and add new event etc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89