Things you've discovered on Note 8?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
holy merde! it now takes writing a number down and going to settings and adding the number by hand, in order to block it. who came up with that brilliant move? that's why I have a N8, but I shouldn't have to write the number down when it's right there on the screen. they took away the option to block from the area where delete is and you can only select and not copy. so so dumb. this alone might make me return it. wow. so retarded.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
One thing that I don't like I'm not sure if this was on the S8 Plus or not but I don't like how it makes you choose a default app some things I like to you have the choice each and every time :\

That's an easy one.

Settings
Apps
Default apps
Default apps selection

Now you can choose again!

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
SETTINGS / DISPLAY / SCREEN ZOOM & FONT scroll down to FONT STYLE.

Previously you could download a 3rd party app to instal and use fonts of your choice. They stopped this when they started charging for fonts. Now everyone's using comic friggin sans on their samsung phones.

Thank you!

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
holy merde! it now takes writing a number down and going to settings and adding the number by hand, in order to block it. who came up with that brilliant move? that's why I have a N8, but I should have to write the number down when it's right there on the screen. they took away the option to block from the area where delete is. so so dumb. this alone might make me return it. wow. so retarded.
No you don't, go to your recent call list go to the number you want to block, tap on it go to details then edit and tap on 3 dots top right and block number comes up...... Voila!

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
holy merde! it now takes writing a number down and going to settings and adding the number by hand, in order to block it. who came up with that brilliant move? that's why I have a N8, but I shouldn't have to write the number down when it's right there on the screen. they took away the option to block from the area where delete is and you can only select and not copy. so so dumb. this alone might make me return it. wow. so retarded.

That's incorrect again. Holy Merde. You seen to have more problems than anyone else.
You block calls on this phone as before. You do not need to copy and re-enter as you describe.
EDIT: See post above me with info.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No you don't, go to your recent call list go to the number you want to block, tap on it go to details then edit and tap on 3 dots top right and block number comes up...... Voila!

are you with Sprint? when I go to the recent calls list all I can do is select and then either filter, delete, show messages, total call time, or go to settings and type it in to block it. can't even add it as a contact from there. ridiculous and so broken.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
That's incorrect again. Holy Merde. You seen to have more problems than anyone else.
You block calls on this phone as before. You do not need to copy and re-enter as you describe.
EDIT: See post above me with info.

EDIT: see my reply to that post
not on my phone. I know how to block calls. that option is not available to me, or apparently Tmobile, because I used their instructions to find out what to do because the option isn't there.

and, may I add, you are rude!

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
are you with Sprint? when I go to the recent calls list all I can do is select and then either filter, delete, show messages, total call time, or go to settings and type it in to block it. can't even add it as a contact from there. ridiculous and so broken.
No I'm with TMobile, I guess each carrier is different.

VerticalHosts

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
When I ask Bixby "Why did the note 7 battery explode?" it suddenly stops and sends me to the battery status of my phone. It acts like I asked about note battery life. I tried it several times and it kills any further input once I say note 7 battery.

NotesAreAwesome

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site

If I go into details and click on the 3 dots, I have the option to block a number.

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
The problem you're having isn't a Sprint thing. I have Sprint & can block numbers from the recent calls menu. Click the contact that called, Details, Menu button, Block Number.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
When I ask Bixby "Why did the note 7 battery explode?" it suddenly stops and sends me to the battery status of my phone. It acts like I asked about note battery life. I tried it several times and it kills any further input once I say note 7 battery.

that's actually kind of funny in a twisted sort of way.

NotesAreAwesome

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
No, I'm with Verizon.

If I click on the number in Recents, I see 3 choices: Call, message, and Details. I click details, and the upper right of the screen shows 3 dots next to "Share". Block calls is one of the options when I click on the dots.

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem you're having isn't a Sprint thing. I have Sprint & can block numbers from the recent calls menu. Click the contact that called, Details, Menu button, Block Number.
thank you. well, I can't test it right now, but if that's the case, it's a pain to go to a different place to block, but at least it's doable and I don't have to record it first. it was so much easier right there in the main menu on the call log screen menu next to delete, now called recents.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana