New messaging feature?

Bybeejoshua

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I have had my Note Edge for about 3 years, I just got my Note8 today. One of the new features is this new messaging thing. But I can't figure out how it works. My other friend got a Note8 and when he and I text, it works. It says "delivered "read" "Branden is typing" etc. But he's the only one. Other than me, he only has one other friend who it works with, and he uses an s8 on Verizon. He has another friend who also has an s8 and is also on Verizon, but it doesn't work for him. We are both very confused. And I don't know what this feature is called, I tried searching but it didn't go well lol. Also, my phone didn't prompt me for an account, and has given no instructions on anything. I found out my phone had been at the store for 5 days, and they "forgot" to call me. I think they were playing with it

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Note Edge for about 3 years, I just got my Note8 today. One of the new features is this new messaging thing. But I can't figure out how it works. My other friend got a Note8 and when he and I text, it works. It says "delivered "read" "Branden is typing" etc. But he's the only one. Other than me, he only has one other friend who it works with, and he uses an s8 on Verizon. He has another friend who also has an s8 and is also on Verizon, but it doesn't work for him. We are both very confused. And I don't know what this feature is called, I tried searching but it didn't go well lol. Also, my phone didn't prompt me for an account, and has given no instructions on anything. I found out my phone had been at the store for 5 days, and they "forgot" to call me. I think they were playing with it
In the settings of the messaging app it's called Advanced Messaging. You can turn it on from there.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It's called Advanced Messaging. Just go to Messages>Settings>Advanced Messaging and you can turn it on/off.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I'm on AT&To if that makes a difference.
e662274e35d3da56f8c352c6c12c93f3.jpg

Bybeejoshua

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Yes this is the stock messenger. I think what you guys are referring to is AT&T specific, I know AT&T and T mobile have software like this built into their network. There isn't anything called advanced messaging anywhere in my setting, or the messenger settings. I even have a tab called advanced features and it's not in there. And when i search for that term within my settings, it says no resukts. I'm just trying to figure out why it works for some people, but not for others. I can't even find anything on Google. Maybe there will be more info as more people get their phones

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
your carrier has to support the RTS service... Google and other carriers are trying to make it a standard. Verizon just got on board, AT&T and TMobile has been using it for a while. Click the hamburger menu (or elipses) in the upper right hand corner and then you should see the Advanced messages selection, which then gives you two options like the one listed above.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and do not have these options. I don't believe Verizon is supporting Rich Communication Services (RCS) just yet – hopefully they implement it in the near future.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Messenger or the stock text message app, Messages?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is the stock messenger. I think what you guys are referring to is AT&T specific, I know AT&T and T mobile have software like this built into their network. There isn't anything called advanced messaging anywhere in my setting, or the messenger settings. I even have a tab called advanced features and it's not in there. And when i search for that term within my settings, it says no resukts. I'm just trying to figure out why it works for some people, but not for others. I can't even find anything on Google. Maybe there will be more info as more people get their phones

Advanced Messaging is not AT&T specific. Unless your carrier removed that feature, it should be on there

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and I don't see the Advanced Messaging setting anywhere in the settings of the stock messenger app.

I stand corrected. It's not advanced setting I saw. It was the option to let people see that I was typing.
And it's in the stock messenger app

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I tried the advance messager on my s7 on sprint an2f it worked with android but did not work with Iphones so i went back to the other messager app until the RCS protocol is implemented on a wider range i think they ate still rolling it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa