Defective Note 8

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, after having to return my Note7 twice last year due to the battery recall, I thought Samsung would make right with the Note8. Guess I was wrong...

5 days in and the top quarter of my screen is no longer working. Contacted Samsung and they refuse to give me an exchange. "We will inspect and attempt to repair" "if repairs cannot be made, we will then issue an exchange"

So then my question becomes what am I suppose to do without a phone. Their response? "Well that's not our issue, please contact your carrier to set up arrangements for a loaner phone". Mind you I am getting the same response to the 6 representatives I spoke with, 3 of them being supervisors...

I certainly hope my Note8 is the only one with this issue, if not, this might be really bad for Samsung...

I have disputed the charge with the CC company and put a block on all future Samsung charges.

What a sorry excuse for a company, I will never buy their products again.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for your luck after the hole story , however electronics fail , Samsung will go thru the process to correct, what I learned from the N7 besides how much the hole fiasco cost me is to always have a back up phone!

Have you tried the bacis like reseting your phone hard to tell from the short vid whats up?

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Did you get it directly from Samsung or your carrier? If from the carrier, I would take it back to the store for an exchange.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Most companies normally want to see a item is defective before just sending out a replacement especially if the product is 900. That's the downside of ordering online from samsung. If it were carrier purchased you could take it to a store for a faster replacement. That was part of the reason I canceled my samsung order and got it via AT&T. Sorry for your luck. Hope it gets fixed.

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the short video, I was not in the mood to waste any more time on this darn thing.

I have tried everything, factory reset, safe mode, etc.

I even tried going into developer mode and checking the show touches tab and definitely none of my touches are registering on the top quarter of the screen.

I purchased my phone from Samsung.com

My problem is no one seems to give a damn about a thing called customer service, this company is absolutely horrid. I understand that electronics fail. I am not asking for a refund, just an exchange. Why are they making it so difficult? I don't want a "fixed" phone, I want a new phone, so what gives?

My online account only gives me the option for a return, no option for exchange. So since those customer service morons can't do anything, I guess I have to return the phone. I mean seriously, WTF?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Again Samsung is just going thur the nessary process to correct the problem you know there is a problem ,but just imagine all the people that dont really have a issue but think they do , Samsung would hand out phones all day.
Your just going to half to follow procedure for replacment , one of the negatives for not buying locally.
Best of luck.

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I understand that there are procedures for a replacement, but from a customer service standpoint, if this was my only phone and you're asking me to send it back, what am I suppose to do without a phone. Hell put a temporary charge on my card and send me a new one first so that I can send you the old one back.

Unfortunately, Samsung.com is the only place that offered former Note7 owners the incentive for $425 off, so I had to purchase from them. Otherwise, I would've done so locally.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Where did you buy the phone from? Samsung directly or carrier or Best Buy? 5 days in you should be able to return for full refund right? Sucks if it has to go into repair or they swap with refurb only days in.

I didn’t think about dealing with warranty issues with other manufacturers... hope I won’t have to deal with any warranty issues with the Note. that’s one thing I loved with Apple support from experience... my iPhone WiFi failed and took it to nearest Apple store and they took it in, gave me a loaner while they had it and called me to pick up my phone in a few days. Another time I had a failure while traveling and they were able to replace phone right there, restored the backup and back traveling and only lost a couple pics after my last backup.

Well, after having to return my Note7 twice last year due to the battery recall, I thought Samsung would make right with the Note8. Guess I was wrong...

5 days in and the top quarter of my screen is no longer working. Contacted Samsung and they refuse to give me an exchange. "We will inspect and attempt to repair" "if repairs cannot be made, we will then issue an exchange"

So then my question becomes what am I suppose to do without a phone. Their response? "Well that's not our issue, please contact your carrier to set up arrangements for a loaner phone". Mind you I am getting the same response to the 6 representatives I spoke with, 3 of them being supervisors...

I certainly hope my Note8 is the only one with this issue, if not, this might be really bad for Samsung...

I have disputed the charge with the CC company and put a block on all future Samsung charges.

What a sorry excuse for a company, I will never buy their products again.

https://youtu.be/mbZB3ZwD7Fk

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Go to your local Cricket kiaos and buy a J3 for $20 pop your sim in and that will hold you over for a few days

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you've had such troubles and I hope it doesn't become a wide spread issue. Have you went to a Samsung store (in best buy) maybe? Maybe they will able to help you more directly.

As far as quality products? I've had the Galaxy nexus, note 2,5,7,8; s3,5, 6 edge, 7 edge, 8+; Galaxy mega 6.3, galaxy note 10.1, tab 3 7.0 galaxy gear watch, gear fitness tracker, 2 Samsung gear VR versions and the gear 360 camera. I name all these just to say I've never had an issue with any of the devices that wasn't self inflicted minus the note 7 of course. So I can attest that Sammy is no slouch on quality.

But at the same time due to me not having any issues I cannot provide any insight to their customer service but I hope they help meet your needs as a customer.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Must be Verizon phones having issue. I've been using my s8+ for 3 days because mine has a Bixby issue. The screen can't stay locked for 5 secs without turning back on. I've hard reset the phone and check the settings. Nothing has worked 😢

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, I had an iPhone 6 Plus preordered and it came with a defective volume rocker, and I took it to my nearest Apple Store. I was in and out within an hour with a brand new phone, no questions asked.

Meanwhile, we got people making excuses for this sorry *** company that can't even own up to their own mistakes and wants to inconvenience the consumer as if it's such a hassle for them to have to deal with this.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, I had an iPhone 6 Plus preordered and it came with a defective volume rocker, and I took it to my nearest Apple Store. I was in and out within an hour with a brand new phone, no questions asked.

Meanwhile, we got people making excuses for this sorry *** company that can't even own up to their own mistakes and wants to inconvenience the consumer as if it's such a hassle for them to have to deal with this.
I hope you weren't referring to me sir, if so I was not trying to make excuses just speaking my reality and experience with the company. I hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction soon.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So basically, you received a defective phone and Samsung is following company policy and taking steps to rectify your issue, but you want to punish them and publicly bash them while abusing the credit dispute process because of your own failure to plan ahead and have a backup phone. Talk about entitlement..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty