Button on Spen

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Does the button on the down actually do anything besides bring up the semi circle of apps,. I just think there are so many ways for it to be implemented, but haven't found anything else it does.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Curious as well. I use Autodesk Sketchbook quite a lot to draw and often accidentally tap the button. Or accidentally tap the air command icon. I wish you could chose to disable these when in certain apps.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Or even if you're reading this forum in the app.. Try highlighting txt, you can't do it unless you hold the button. If you don't hold the button your reply options will pop up

Gostems

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
I believe there used to be a feature where holding the S Pen would allow it to be used like the 'Snipping Tool' and copy whatever you circled. is that no longer something that can be used?

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Or even if you're reading this forum in the app.. Try highlighting txt, you can't do it unless you hold the button. If you don't hold the button your reply options will pop up
I seriously can highlight your response without pushing the button. I haven't found anything I couldn't highlight yet. That's beside the point though, I was just wondering if there was something about that button that I didn't know. I am new to Android and the note. I wish I would have switched so long ago!!

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I do have to put more pressure on the screen to start the highlight, if I don't put pressure on the screen it doesn't allow me to highlight, but by pressing just a little harder it allows me to do it. I'm using Tapatalk also, maybe that is a reason as well

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
On the note 2 and note 5 I could press the button to cutout an image to use it elsewhere. I don't have the note 8 yet so I don't know if it's still the same.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I do have to put more pressure on the screen to start the highlight, if I don't put pressure on the screen it doesn't allow me to highlight, but by pressing just a little harder it allows me to do it. I'm using Tapatalk also, maybe that is a reason as well

Thats probably it... I'm using the android central app... Try it in the the official Twitter app

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I think in most places you don't have to hold down the button to select text, but there are some instances where you do. For example, Verizon Messages + won't allow you to select text unless you are pressing the button.

Even for me in the mobile apps I can select without using the button when reading posts, but if I'm browsing the topics, i need to use the button to select text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer