Anyone have problems with the Zagg HD glass protector on note 8?

Princessb1969

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Typing is difficult, tapping on apps are harder, scrolling through screens. Have to touch so much harder to get keys to work. I am wondering if I should take back to best buy for a redo

Burraburiash

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I ordered today a ZAGG glass for Note 8 on Bhphoto for only $34.99, I think is a bargain. It was shipped a few minutes ago. Regular price is 49.99

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Typing is difficult, tapping on apps are harder, scrolling through screens. Have to touch so much harder to get keys to work. I am wondering if I should take back to best buy for a redo

U gotta leave it face down with some weugght on it after install or it will do that. Try putting it face down for a couple hours with some weight on it to see if that helps.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No issues at all. I've had it for a few weeks and it's great. No screen sensitivity or any other issues. You could possibly have a bad install, where it was not put on perfectly.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues with my Zagg glass protector. Whether using my finger or the Spen, lots of times, the app or whatever I was doing would not respond. After being on the phone for about a week I noticed dust starting to accumulate under the glass the top of the protector. Upon examination, I noticed the protector was not adhering to the phone along the top. Now to be fair and honest, I don't know if this was caused by a faulty protector or by the Best Buy employee who put it on. I returned it and got the Zagg HD protector instead. So far no problems with responding to finger or Spen and it's adhering to the phone.

Risley88

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Hello,

The Zagg and Bodyguardz, two of the biggest name brands in tempered glass protectors only offer edge adhesive for curved screens at the moment and this can be a BIG problem, heres why...

Gorilla glass displays on the large phablets that Samsung and others use has become so thin that when it is used on 6" +/- screens the face of the display actually has wavy high and low spots. Lay your Note 8 down flat with the display off and look at how distorted the surrounding room reflections look.

Now add a glass protector on top of your device display that measures .030 or more and also understand that these protectors with edge only adhesive may or may not lay flat across the entire surface of your devices display causing a space or gap between the device display and the underside of the protector.

This is why some are experiencing touch issues on their devices with edge only adhesive protectors.

Bodyguardz is supposedly releasing a full adhesive glass protector for the Note 8 soon, not sure about Zagg.

BEST BUY WARNING: Be careful. 3 returns/exchanges inside of a 1 year window and they decline your next return/exchange and ban you for a year from any further returns/exchanges. They use a third party company called The Retail Equation to track your purchases using your ID. Yes The Retail Equation is being sued by several at the moment including a class action suit. Just be careful, pay cash and give Best Buy NO personal information.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had no issues with my Zagg glass screen protector installed 2 weeks ago by a very experienced Verizon store representative. I see no gaps anywhere, no dust under the screen, no touch or s-pen sensitivity issues, no fingerprint problem, no excessive glare. While it only adheres at the edges, it could be an advantag iff the screen were to fall, face down, because the force of the shattering screen protector won't necessarily be one with the screen except at the edges.

My guess is that most of the people, who have issues with this protector, perhaps don't have it properly installed. It could be that the edges of the protector adhered too high on the edge of the screen, leaving too big of a gap elsewhere, allowing dust to get under at the top and bottom and causing sensitivity problems.

Last edited:

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
No problems here with my Zagg glass protector. NO dust, no pen pressure problems. Just 100% all good. Iinstalled it myself is that helps.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

The Zagg and Bodyguardz, two of the biggest name brands in tempered glass protectors only offer edge adhesive for curved screens at the moment and this can be a BIG problem, heres why...

Gorilla glass displays on the large phablets that Samsung and others use has become so thin that when it is used on 6" +/- screens the face of the display actually has wavy high and low spots. Lay your Note 8 down flat with the display off and look at how distorted the surrounding room reflections look.

Now add a glass protector on top of your device display that measures .030 or more and also understand that these protectors with edge only adhesive may or may not lay flat across the entire surface of your devices display causing a space or gap between the device display and the underside of the protector.

This is why some are experiencing touch issues on their devices with edge only adhesive protectors.

Bodyguardz is supposedly releasing a full adhesive glass protector for the Note 8 soon, not sure about Zagg.

BEST BUY WARNING: Be careful. 3 returns/exchanges inside of a 1 year window and they decline your next return/exchange and ban you for a year from any further returns/exchanges. They use a third party company called The Retail Equation to track your purchases using your ID. Yes The Retail Equation is being sued by several at the moment including a class action suit. Just be careful, pay cash and give Best Buy NO personal information.

Those reflections aren't the glass, they're the AMOLED display.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
The TMobile store put my zagg on and they did a fabulous job. I have to screen issues typing I do however feel that it takes away from some of the screens glory.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Zagg glass protector on Thursday. Dropped my phone last night and it cracked and came off my phone. Saved my phones screen, so I guess it did its job. So I went to use the warranty, and they charge $10 for shipping! Wow. I might just go with the HD screen protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Zagg glass protector on Thursday. Dropped my phone last night and it cracked and came off my phone. Saved my phones screen, so I guess it did its job. So I went to use the warranty, and they charge $10 for shipping! Wow. I might just go with the HD screen protector.

If you call them and p iss & moan they will ship it for free.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg HD glass tempered glass screen protector. A rep at a Verizon store installed it and i also have an otterbox commuter case with seido universal kickstand installed. The phone fell of the table once and the screen protector completely popped off. It could have been just a bad install, but I think this may also be a problem with adhesive edge only screen protectors instead of full adhesive ones. Now i notice a lot of lint building up along the edges and this scree protector is a fingerprint magnet. Definitely need an oleo-phobic tempered glass full adhesive screen protector that is case friendly.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had it on my N8 since I bought it and I'm not happy with it. I've noticed that I have to press down harder along the edges of the phone. I get so frustrated with it that I wanna snatch it off, but that'll be when my clumsy self will drop the phone. I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Whitestone Dome.