Note 8 and the keyboard

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I was with Windows phone forever and lived it. The new CEO killed anything it use to resemble. I borrowed a s7 to get me up to the note launch. The stock keyboard was awful. Swyping with it was even worse. It comes up with some variations that aren't even close to words. Even worse I'll Swype something like "Christmas" and it will come up with "C his mast". I never picked up my finger...why three words??? Then after that you find out the stock keyboard and stock messaging app can't handle Gifs. I installed aboard and the base android messaging app. While it took care of e anything mentioned above, the phone immediately ran at a snails pace. After a couple of weeks, I uninstalled both and the phones speed returned. Now I have the Note 8 (love it) but am dealing with the keyboard and messaging issues. I don't want to change slowing this beast down. Anyone know why Samsung refuses to fix this quirky keyboard and won't add gif support? Really the only thing is does better.

missionsparta

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Without having to switch out of the app, use another app, cone back into the messenger app, and searching your gallery? if so, that's ridiculous for a $950 phone in 2017.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I was with Windows phone forever and lived it. The new CEO killed anything it use to resemble. I borrowed a s7 to get me up to the note launch. The stock keyboard was awful. Swyping with it was even worse. It comes up with some variations that aren't even close to words. Even worse I'll Swype something like "Christmas" and it will come up with "C his mast". I never picked up my finger...why three words??? Then after that you find out the stock keyboard and stock messaging app can't handle Gifs. I installed aboard and the base android messaging app. While it took care of e anything mentioned above, the phone immediately ran at a snails pace. After a couple of weeks, I uninstalled both and the phones speed returned. Now I have the Note 8 (love it) but am dealing with the keyboard and messaging issues. I don't want to change slowing this beast down. Anyone know why Samsung refuses to fix this quirky keyboard and won't add gif support? Really the only thing is does better.

I use gboard and my Note 8 seems fine. Maybe it's another app causing the issues?

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Same here I use Gboard and see no difference other than the keyboard works much better than stock. You can also try Swiftkey although I like Gboard better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
While it took care of e anything mentioned above, the phone immediately ran at a snails pace. After a couple of weeks, I uninstalled both and the phones speed returned.

What you mentioned here happened on your friend's S7, so it's hard to know what else your friend might have had on his/her phone that could have been contributing to the issue. If you haven't tried it already, I'd go ahead and install Gboard on your Note8 and see if the same thing happens.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Gboard is one of the better keyboards available. Been using it for quite a while. Didn't slow down my phone. Typed this using the Samsung keyboard, and didn't feel any increase in phone response.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey. Microsoft owns it now btw if that makes a difference.

It's been my keyboard of choice for a very long time. It has gif and emoji support built in

Morticia3155

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Brand new Note 8, also using Gboard and this thousand dollar phone can't send GIF's!!!!! I'm allowed to look them up but when I try to send them it says it's not supported. Not sure what to do. I can receive them from my friends but not send them. And my carrier is AT&T.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey has been my go to keyboard since I left BlackBerry several years ago.
I just switched to the Blackberry keyboard through a sideload that is available of BlackBerry Manager, which then let's you use the Blackberry keyboard. I like it a lot. I feel it's the closest one to the Windows Phone keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer