Has anyone with a Verizon Note 8 traveled to UK and been able to successfully use a local SIM?

My daughter lives there and if we visit I'd like to get a local SIM and use for the duration.

I have done this with zero problems using a Verizon Pixel with a Three (3) SIM, but since the Pixels are "international phones" I expected no problems.

I understand that Verizon phones are unlocked now, just want to understand if any problems with bands, or gaining 4G/LTE (coverage not withstanding).
    10-28-2017 10:25 AM
    I've been with Verizon for a long time and, although I haven't used the Note 8 specifically, have used multiple Note phones in the UK and Europe with local SIM cards, and never had a problem. You might just want to call Verizon and make sure it's unlocked, but it probably is.
    Trees likes this.
    10-28-2017 10:51 AM
    I've been trying to figure out international compatibility for some time (started a thread on it). According to the Verizon trip planner site--you will not get 4G LTE service but everything up to 3G. Some of the older Note models *do* indicate compatibility.

However, I reached out to both Samsung and Verizon and got differing advice. Most reps said this site is wrong and LTE service would be available. One person said that he received LTE in Mexico with a Verizon Note 8 so that's a good sign.
    Trees likes this.
    10-28-2017 10:11 PM
    I've been trying to figure out international compatibility for some time (started a thread on it). According to the Verizon trip planner site--you will not get 4G LTE service but everything up to 3G. Some of the older Note models *do* indicate compatibility.

However, I reached out to both Samsung and Verizon and got differing advice. Most reps said this site is wrong and LTE service would be available. One person said that he received LTE in Mexico with a Verizon Note 8 so that's a good sign.
    Good site, don't think I've seen that before. Just input UK as destination and Note 8 as the device. Looks like the site is designed for planning out Verizon International Roaming. I think that means using your phone with a Verizon SIM while in the UK. Could be wrong on that, though.

I'm thinking of removing the Verizon SIM upon arrival in the UK, and then inserting a UK based provider SIM and going with a pre-paid plan. That's what I did with the Pixel, and worked fine. Was able to get 3G, HPSA, 4G, LTE depending upon location, cell tower strength, etc.
    10-29-2017 08:25 AM