Bixby button came back

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Where is this simplified list menu setting?
Here

82542f40e57a13efd12b14068f59ab64.jpg

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
To each his own !

I've always hated this. It's like "agree to disagree." It's just another way of dismissing somebody else's opinion, and implying that it is stupid in passive-agressive language.

Your tech company added a button that you can ONLY use the way they want, which is to use a service that they control. It's very, very Apple <bksp....> evil.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was trying to open a website from an email, at some point I set Samsung Internet as the default, so it opens in that.. but all my passwords are saved in Chrome and this is a site I dont visit very often. I was trying to be hands-free and asked bixby, every way I could to change the default browser to Chrome.. It kept opening settings in the Samsung Browser, or settings in Chrome, or just open Chrome home page. Or open stuff that was totally unrelated. I want to love Bixby but whenever I need it, it fails at what I need.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I want to love Bixby but whenever I need it, it fails at what I need.
sorry to hear. I figured there would be issues with Bixby out of the box. it's a new tech for Samsung, afaik, so bugs and so forth are to be expected.

I don't want to deal with them AND I don't want to give a foreign owned entity access to my speech input. I don't even let google have it. Amazon is the only one I let have that for very specific tasks, and then I delete the files periodically.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont think its a bug, I just think it's not as wonderful as everyone says. I COULD manually set up a task that:
opens settings
opens default settings
opens default browser settings

But it's not something I always need to do. Or something I should have predicted that I would one day need to do.

It's pretty basic "change default browser to chrome" It should be able to understand what I mean.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty basic "change default browser to chrome" It should be able to understand what I mean.

I agree and this is the "so forth" I mentioned. not a bug, but not working either. I love the idea of using voice to do things, and I do in my home, but I don't trust Google or Sammy as far as I can throw them.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Bixby doesn't bother me, I haven't gotten around to using it much, but I do wish the button was in a different spot. Too many times I'm trying to adjust the volume or just grab the phone and set it off.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I do wish the button was in a different spot
I think there are so many other and perhaps better ways they could have implemented the whole Bixby thing. it's like having it shoved down my throat. if I want it I will use it and by putting a button there they're forcing it on me in a way.

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile and don't seem to have that option of pressing the 3 dots. Bixby only opens with a long press of the button though.
1bc2dee20cabfe187ece86d189b4e76d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez