Gone against everything I said and bought myself a Note 8

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I knew I would haha ;)

Bought myself a Note 8 today

I wanted a Pixel 2 XL; but the case and screen protector selection is very poor IMO and I like my phones to be protected!

I then thought I'd hang on for the OP5T; but without knowing how it'll be for another week and needing to sort a phone ASAP; I left it be

So; here I am with a new Note 8

Bought outright via CPW here in the UK; using my business SIM only contract sim via Three

Have it running Nova using the Dark Matter icons etc :)

So far; it's a superb phone and will enjoy getting used to it

Have ordered a few cases and a Whitestone screen protector that all should arrive tomorrow; alongside a wireless charging desktop stand etc

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Can't really go wrong with the Note 8. Solid phone and after a couple of months no real issues with this phone making the forum very quiet lol.

Curious did you immediately go to Nova or did you give TouchWiz a try? I haven't found a reall compelling reason to need a 3rd party launcher.

I did finally give up on the stock keyboard and went to SwiftKey and wish I did it the first day. The difference is like night and day.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the group Dan. As you delve into the beast, you'll find more and more to love... totally awesome piece of technology! ENJOY!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Can't really go wrong with the Note 8. Solid phone and after a couple of months no real issues with this phone making the forum very quiet lol.

Curious did you immediately go to Nova or did you give TouchWiz a try? I haven't found a reall compelling reason to need a 3rd party launcher.

I did finally give up on the stock keyboard and went to SwiftKey and wish I did it the first day. The difference is like night and day.

I've used Nova on my previous Android handsets and like to stick with it; just feel it's the best Launcher out there

Tried the Samsung OEM on my previous S8 Plus and still preferred Nova :)

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site

I would use the stock launcher if it had a list app drawer option. Since it doesn't I use Nova or Arrow.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely the best device out there now. Perfect size and super fast with the best camera on any device should last a few years for me. I just tried the iPhone X and it dosent come close to the note 8.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm really enjoying it :)

Still waiting for all my cases and screen protectors to arrive, so haven't been anywhere with it yet (it's sat on a cradle on my desk until I can cover it etc)

Ordered myself the Whitestone screen protector, but I've also ordered the iBlason rugged case that has an in-built screen protector and will probably use that if I don't want to use a screen protector. Ordered the Samsung LED wallet case too for the times I'm out on social events and don't want to have to take my wallet etc :)

iBlason case:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-i-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6064454

LED case:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Vi...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6064454

Gone for this wireless charger too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-C...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6064454

Kris L

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
wanted the note 8, and pixel 2 XL but didn't like all the issues on the pixel 2 xl, so I bought a pixel XL instead, would have bought the note 8 if it wasn't 800£+

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
wanted the note 8, and pixel 2 XL but didn't like all the issues on the pixel 2 xl, so I bought a pixel XL instead, would have bought the note 8 if it wasn't 800£+

My thoughts were to the XL 2 but didn't want to pay £900 for static storage, but also the cases choice for the Pixel phones, IMO, are terrible and that's an issue for me as I like to protect my handsets etc...

The Note 8 offers everything I wanted plus expandable storage!

It's a step back from Oreo that was on my previous N6P, but the Note 8 will soon update to Oreo ;)

Kris L

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
agreed, I also had the n6p but had red light of death, after I developed serious battery issues, still I will buy the note 8 probably on black Friday if I can find a decent deal lol

convergent

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I knew I would haha ;)

Bought myself a Note 8 today

I wanted a Pixel 2 XL; but the case and screen protector selection is very poor IMO and I like my phones to be protected!

I then thought I'd hang on for the OP5T; but without knowing how it'll be for another week and needing to sort a phone ASAP; I left it be

So; here I am with a new Note 8

Bought outright via CPW here in the UK; using my business SIM only contract sim via Three

Have it running Nova using the Dark Matter icons etc :)

So far; it's a superb phone and will enjoy getting used to it

Have ordered a few cases and a Whitestone screen protector that all should arrive tomorrow; alongside a wireless charging desktop stand etc
I've had my Note 8 for about a month (after iPhones from 3G to 6s+) and love this thing. Watch some YouTube videos to learn all the unique stuff it can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38