Screen off memo problem

eddiedimitris

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello
I have a problem with screen off memo.
I start to write and almost 10 seconds after the screen turns black so I can not see what I am writing and after some seconds the screen lights up again...
Do you have this issue?
Thank you.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset should never be the very first thing suggested to fix an issue, it's more of a last resort type of thing. There are MANY other things to try first. Sure, a factory reset might fix it but other less "nuclear" options might also work.

Try clearing the apps cache in storage. Tap on settings, storage, internal storage, cached data. This will clear all the caches of all the apps but you won't lose any data.

The next thing to try would be wiping the cache partition as follows:

How to wipe the cache partition on the Note 8:

Back up data on the internal memory. I've never lost any data from this process, but just in case, back up important stuff.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing no command for a few seconds followed by the Android system recovery menu options).

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.

Press Power button to select.

Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” will be highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Only then, maybe try a factory reset.

greyhound71

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
Hello
I have a problem with screen off memo.
I start to write and almost 10 seconds after the screen turns black so I can not see what I am writing and after some seconds the screen lights up again...
Do you have this issue?
Thank you.
Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Start writing, 5 sec later it dims so you can barely see screen, and a few sec later it lights up again. I'm stumped. Only had phone for a couple of weeks. Was working fine before. Wondering if something I've downloaded is interfering with it.

greyhound71

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
RESOLVED. Posting in case anyone else has this issue in the future. I discovered it was the lock screen settings in my Glimpse Notifications app causing the issue.

I realized that the screen off screen dimming or turning off too quickly was not just limited to when I was trying to write a screen off memo. When I went to use Samsung pay by swiping up when the screen was off, the same thing happened. My card would be visible for 5 sec before the screen would turn off. My system screen timeout was set at 2 min so I knew that wasn't it. On a whim, I checked the glimpse settings and that's where I saw the lock screen display time was at 5 sec. Option is to increase the time there or delete that app altogether. I chose the former.

Interesting that an app that's supposed to just focus on notifications also interferes with other functions related to the screen off display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non