Transfering files from Note 8 to computer.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I did a search but I'm kind of in a hurry to transfer pics from my phone (SD card) to my computer without emailing them.
When I hook up my Note 8 to my computer via USB cable I can't see the phone or SD card folders.
I had to do something on my S7 but I can't remember. Heck, I can't remember what I had for breakfast anymore.
Thank you.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
sounds like you don't have the Samsung drivers installed on your computer

Thanks.
Yes I do. But my other phones show files like "phone" and "SD Card". The driver only lets me download pictures. It's limited.
For example, I backed up every file in my old S7 and SD card before I activated my Note 8.
Thanks again.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
When I connect N8 I am asked to grant access first.
Are you using Smart Switch? Android File Transfer?
Smart Switch asks to access all various file types.

a Samsung 128GB USB-C external device can be plugged in and also works using
Cloud Accounts > Smart Switch > "3 dots" > External storage transfer (will backup to internal SD card also)

Are you plugging into computer directly, through a hub?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Files on the SD card? Just turn the phone off, pull the SD card, put it into a USB adapter, plug that into the computer and copy the files from it.

As to why the computer isn't seeing the phone, there could be a few reasons. A power-only USB cable, a bad cable, the phone is set to "charge only" on USB, one or both data pins are disconnected inside the phone, the connector is bad (highly unlikely with a C connector, but possible).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress