What Keyboard is best?

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Gboard definitely the best I've found so far behind my BlackBerry devices and the iOS keyboard on iphones.

Posted via Android Central App

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Although I'm a fan of Gboard, I tried Chrooma (really like the looks of the 3d theme) but I find the glide typing to be far from accurate. I'll stick with Gboard but wish it had a comparable 3d theme.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Only SwiftKey for me. I've tried Gboard for a while but found SwiftKey more accurate.
I'm just curious. When you say Swiftkey is more accurate are you referring to auto correct or your typing accuracy is better using Swiftkey? I have been a long time Swiftkey user, but I've been using Gboard on the Note 8 and it's been very good for me. Honestly, I am not which one I prefer at this point.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm just curious. When you say Swiftkey is more accurate are you referring to auto correct or your typing accuracy is better using Swiftkey? I have been a long time Swiftkey user, but I've been using Gboard on the Note 8 and it's been very good for me. Honestly, I am not which one I prefer at this point.
Both typing and prediction... Also love the layout and theme I'm using (Holo, very easy on the eyes), great symbols and accents plus numbers on top row. Everything is adjustable to user's preference.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Both typing and prediction... Also love the layout and theme I'm using (Holo, very easy on the eyes), great symbols and accents plus numbers on top row. Everything is adjustable to user's preference.
Agreed. I love all those things about Swiftkey. Fortunately, I can do all the customizing on Gboard as well so I guess it just comes down to typing and prediction. Both work well for me. We all type differently though so that's why I'm glad we have choices. I could definitely use either and be happy. I like the Google integration in Gboard though.

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use my old Apple (full-size, white) keyboard that came with my Mac Pro Desktop, from early 2010, while my Note 8 is connected to Dex Station. Away from home I use my FAVI mini bluetooth pocket keyboard.

aalupatti

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I always had trouble in typing the virtual keyboard and used to hate when I had to type, however recently found some solution

Samsung keyboard and Gbaord. Lay out is good and I type reasonably accurately but prediction was dissappointing and some fields like email etc did not show predictions

Swiftkey- the layout made me type incorrectly but the auto correct did a good work.. Over time it learned most of the words and predict quite well. Most important thing was its ability to help fill in spaces where email or userid needed to be entered.

Recently I found out about Exi for Swiftkey, an xposed module which adds some features to swifkey but most importantly change the size of the keybaord to fit my typing style.. This dramatically imporved my typing skills. I get most of the words I type now and absolutley love typing. This will need root though

vonda03

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded gboard a few days ago and so far I really like it. I was using Swype before because I like swyping instead of typing. I couldn't get the gifs and bitmoji's to work with the Samsung stock messages app so I switched to Android messages and everything works great!

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Been using gboard for a long time. This thread prompted me to go back and try SwiftKey again. I have to say out of the gate I am faster and more accurate on SwiftKey. This surprises me a lot. So I will give it a month and see what I think then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra