What Keyboard is best?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Gboard, but used Swiftkey for years before that. There are a number of excellent keyboards in the Play Store. You really just need to find the one that you like best. Definitely don't listen to whoever said "they are all crap". That's definitely not true. Sometimes choice is just too much for people and they do better being told what to use.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Gboard! until the stock keyboard has gifs and stickers I'll stick with Gboard

The reason I don't use GBoard is because I cannot use GIFs or stickers when using stock messaging app. Is their some setting that you use? Or do you not use stock messaging app?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The reason I don't use GBoard is because I cannot use GIFs or stickers when using stock messaging app. Is their some setting that you use? Or do you not use stock messaging app?
I've found that to be somewhat annoying myself, but the Gboard and stock messaging combo is the best bet. Swiftkey is a complete dumpster fire if you're a swipe typer and the other messaging apps out there don't look nearly as good as stock when themed with your phone.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've almost exclusively used SwiftKey since my jump to Android, but I may try some other options since we have the beauty of that on this platform.

I absolutely hated the stock keyboard on iOS, especially the later generations. On my iPhone 7+ I immediately downloaded SwiftKey since it was what I was familiar with.

BaconDanny

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Fleksy for the last couple years and I love it. It has swipe gestures for deleting the last word and for swapping between autocorrect suggestions, and I've gotten extremely accustomed to it and when I use a keyboard without it I feel frustrated.
The autocorrect works well and the keyboard is fast and customizable.

Try it out :)

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and I like it a lot. Sometimes I use Gboard, but I find its suggestions not that great. My U11+ has also Touchpal, which I also find good, but not as good as Swiftkey.

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Graffiti Pro. I used to have an old Palm handheld, so Graffiti scrawling comes naturally to me. And I find it faster for me than a regular keyboard.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The BlackBerry keyboard is my go-to on any device. Word prediction is great, and I love the ability to long-press a letter to capitalize.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I like Gboard in general but can anyone tell me how I can get it to detect or auto detect when I want to handwrite my messages and have them convert to text? In Samsung's keyboard, if my pen is out it displays the handwriting area. In GBoard I managed to activate this once but don't know how I did it.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok so Gboard it is! Definitely a huge improvement to the stock. Even the dictation seems alot more accurate! Thanks for all the suggestions! Great forum!

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey. I keep trying anything new that comes along (so glad to see that Touchpal only appears once in this forum and not as a first choice --- that app is poison), and coming back to Swiftkey. Gboard is a close second, but doesn't allow cursor keys, which is a must have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv