Who has 2 or more phones they go between?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you do the switch? More than one sim?

How about data usage? And how do you sync stuff?

I swap sims between the phones. I keep all of my contacts and calendar in Google's services. So i can always have a back up of everything including email (gmail and outlook) through their web interfaces and they sync to my devices as well. The only think I don't back up is text messages. But I can always take a screenshot something important.
I just sign out of iMessage when switching from my iPhone. I've been doing this for several years now with different phones......

Then is use an app called iSyncr to sync all of my iTunes music and playlists toi my Android phones.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol thanks Jewels. I think it's a good 2nd phone. Note 8 is great and definitely the main phone. I had the V20 previous to owning the Note 8 - went through an ugly "can't make up my mind" issue with phones during the NOte 7 debacle.

Lol no problem. Yeah I had the same problem when the note7 thing happened. I actually got the iPhone 7 plus first and I'm like what the heck did I do? Never had an iPhone before that so I was bored lol and well it just wasn't for me so then I got the v20 played with that for awhile then gave it to my fiance and I straight up went back to my note5(sold that) til I got the black note8. Then when the deep sea blue note8 came out I got that and my fiance got the black note8 and now v20 just sitting here as a back up lol. V20 probably be my back up phone til note9 comes out then my note8 will be back up and I'll sell my v20. Lol. I think that note7 messed a lot of people up.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
iPhone X and Note 8, two sims and shared data. Love having the best of both worlds, and the ability to disconnect from work from time to time.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 and an Alcatel Idol 4s Windows version.
I usually have a second phone of some kind floating around. But since December 2016 my main phone has been a Pixel of some sort.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 8 is my daily driver... holding onto my Note8 so I can "JUMP" to the S9 through T-Mobile. I still use it occasionally.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the iPhone X. I had the Pixel 2 XL, but I got a really good offer for it that I couldn't refuse. I'll sell the iPhone X here shortly to get the Pixel 2 XL again. The iPhone X was my backup to the Pixel 2 XL.

I need help.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
At the moment, I have the iPhone SE and the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. Occasionally I switch between the two, but I'm more likely to spend time with the Galaxy A3.

If/When the iPhone SE gets refreshed, I still plan to keep the Galaxy A3 because it fits well for what I want and need.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
3 current phones and I change like the wind blows. ;) BUT currently I switch 2 SIMs (T-Mobile & Mint) between an iPhone 7 Plus, LG V30 and a Note 8. I have also recently owned a One Plus 5, Pixel XL, BlackBerry KEYone, Moto Z Force, Xiaomi Mi Mix, and Huawei Mate 9. Believe it or not my daily and go to phone right now is the V30!!!!

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've never had more than 1 phone. Never will. I mean, I have my old Note 4 that I decided to hang on to as a backup in case anything happens to my Note 8, but I can't imagine forking out money for multiple phones when I can only use 1 at a time. I honestly don't get it . What's the actual point/benefit in having multiple phones?

Not to mention the changing interfaces from one phone to the next. That would annoy the crap out of me.

I mean, do what you enjoy. There are far worse things in the world than owning multiple cell phones, but it seems incredibly silly to me.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I've never had more than 1 phone. Never will. I mean, I have my old Note 4 that I decided to hang on to as a backup in case anything happens to my Note 8, but I can't imagine forking out money for multiple phones when I can only use 1 at a time. I honestly don't get it . What's the actual point/benefit in having multiple phones?

Not to mention the changing interfaces from one phone to the next. That would annoy the crap out of me.

I mean, do what you enjoy. There are far worse things in the world than owning multiple cell phones, but it seems incredibly silly to me.

Now tell us what you really think 😂

I'm a one phone at a time person, but I keep all my previous phones as back up.

Last edited:

Slicc98

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using the iPhone X. I had the Pixel 2 XL, but I got a really good offer for it that I couldn't refuse. I'll sell the iPhone X here shortly to get the Pixel 2 XL again. The iPhone X was my backup to the Pixel 2 XL.

I need help.
And when you sell that X, let me know.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 8, and the V30, different sims...note 8 for work and v30 as a spare, or personal line.
My work only does IPhones now. Originally they got me into a Note 3 back when I first tried work phones. No restriction but when it came time to upgrade they were only iPhone's so I ended up dropping it altogether and getting my Note through a personal carrier again.

Got the V20 spare today and started to set it up, didn't get all that far just yet. Busy day.

KaneA

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I hav the Pixel 2(non xl) as my main phone and then I have the Essential that I use for testing apps, Beta and whatever. The PH-1 is a total sleeper imo, I'm not sure too many people understand this phone and the potential it has. Currently has a few issues, but nothing to make me want to trade it or send it back to Essential.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I swap sims between the phones. I keep all of my contacts and calendar in Google's services. So i can always have a back up of everything including email (gmail and outlook) through their web interfaces and they sync to my devices as well. The only think I don't back up is text messages. But I can always take a screenshot something important.
I just sign out of iMessage when switching from my iPhone. I've been doing this for several years now with different phones......

Then is use an app called iSyncr to sync all of my iTunes music and playlists toi my Android phones.

I use Hangouts for SMS/MMS and can find all of my text history through the GMail interface on the web (bottom pane on left of screen). For that matter, I can also send and receive texts through the web interface, which is really cool when I am in a long texting session involving lots and lots of typing.

I'm not entirely certain if this works only because I am on Google's Project Fi or if it would work regardless of carrier.

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Not a note 8 but I have to use an iPhone 6 for work and use my Pixel 2 for private. You really don't know just how awefull iOS is until you use Android and iOS back to back on a daily basis.

So much is infuriating with iOS...I'm sure iOS fans will argue the other way of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez