Note 8 is Capitalizing every word when texting

Rachel C2

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I was able to fix it with an update to the keyboard. Settings - General Management - Language and Input - On-Screen Keyboard - Samsung Keyboard - About Samsung Keyboard - Update.

That appears to be the fix for me too! It was driving me nuts that every word was capitalizing. It must have been a software bug. Wish they would have prompted for the update.

Icytime

Feb 10, 2018
Visit site
They updated the keyboard just yesterday. I guess the last phone update caused a bug. It should work after manually updating the keyboard.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the capital letter problem, but I do wonder why I don't see a keyboard update like you are seeing. What is the version#?

1delanal

Feb 10, 2018
Visit site
Go to Settings> Apps> Samsung Keyboard, then FORCE STOP it. It'll pop up with the usual warning to confirm, but do it anyway.
I've been correcting every single word in messages, emails, posts, comments, etc. for a week, and trying all the fixes offered out there, but I figured it out on my own! Good luck everyone!

JoanneRene

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
I just resolved this issue by going to: Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > About Samsung Keyboard. I had an Update available. Applying this update resolved my issue.

JoanneRene

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
I just resolved this issue by going to: Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > About Samsung Keyboard. I had an Update available. Applying this update resolved my issue.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem for several days, I've tried everything, except a factory reset, but nothing happened.
Resetting the keyboard, clearing cache, force stopping and updating, etc.
Anyway, switched to Gboard and even though it's good and you can also have the top row with numbers, I'm used to the Samsung keyboard.
So today I switched again to it and voila, it's fixed!

Sent From the TARDIS with my Note 8

Glen Jordan1

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
From what I have seen it is a swiping issue. If I don't swipe I have no problem. If I type first word then swipe it seems to do fine. Something else on typing first word it has to be first word in each sentence.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Can someone help with this? I had an update last night/early morning and since then my Note 8 is capitalizing every word when texting. It's driving me mad.
Any thoughts?? Let me offer that I am not at all tech savvy, so I need someone that might be able to explain as if to a 5 year old although the 5 year old is likely to have more knowledge than this old granny lol
Thank you for reading this and for any help you can offer.

I have had the same frustration since the up date. I'll try the suggestion here to fix it. I did find that if I just manually corrected the second word in a sentence (the first should be capitalized) then the rest of everything I typed would come through without capitals. I never even thought to check settings. I was just waiting for a system update to fix the bug.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i had the same issue with samsung keyboard capitalizing every words too. i switched to gboard and it's better and far more accurate

Kalanthil

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I have this same issue with Swiftkey. Any ideas how to fix it? Will all the workarounds for the Samsung Keyboard effect the Swiftkey keyboard as well? I kind of doubt it, but I don't know what else to do.

I don't have any updates available for the Samsung Keyboard.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey bloke here but still get annoyed when an app tells a chat text to behave like an email text and so on. Sometimes even when the keyboard should be behaving the crappy app tells it not to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance