S Pen is stuck

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Replacement Note 8 phone. Have had it for about 2 weeks. This a.m. my SPen decides it doesn't want to come out. I of course have it inserted correctly. WhenI push for it to partially eject, it won't.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That would be annoying. Can you take it to a phone shop where they have the tools to extricate the offending pen?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I could. But I don't want to lol. I have no patience for those stores. I'm not one that uses it all the time, but still. It should work. I have a message in to Tmobile messenger chat and will see what they say first.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
a monkey with it a little more on my own and then it decided to pop out so I pulled it out clean the pen off for awhile blew in the hole and it's been fine since LOL I've tried taking it in and out without issue

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Somebody else also posted about this same problem yesterday. I thought it could be a defective release spring or catch.

P.S. That spring is in the S pen itself, it's what pops out the end so you can grab it. So, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with your phone.

Last edited:

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I hope this isn't a recurring issue for many users. So far it seems random, but I just see two s pen stuck posts today and it had me worried lol.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I hope this isn't a recurring issue for many users. So far it seems random, but I just see two s pen stuck posts today and it had me worried lol.

No need to worry. It's not a problem with the phone itself. Sometimes, the spring and release mechanism on the S pen can get stuck. Worst case scenario is that you have to replace the S pen.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not that concerned now. The S Pen I have is from my original Note 8 I got on Sept 7. When the replacement Note 8 arrived about 2 weeks ago, the store took the SPen and put in this replacement phone. I've never had an issue before.

Ella Willingham

Jan 12, 2019
Visit site
Replacement Note 8 phone. Have had it for about 2 weeks. This a.m. my SPen decides it doesn't want to come out. I of course have it inserted correctly. WhenI push for it to partially eject, it won't.
Did u drop it where the pen is that will make it go in even more I just did it 😭

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering, did you save your s- pen from your note 7? Also,off topic but did you have access to your samsung notes on your replacement note8?