Samsung flow is great

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have a windows 10 computer I highly suggest Samsung flow. I get all my notifications from my phone to the computer. You can also unlock your computer using bio-metrics on your phone (eyes or finger print). So far I am a fan!

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have a windows 10 computer I highly suggest Samsung flow. I get all my notifications from my phone to the computer. You can also unlock your computer using bio-metrics on your phone (eyes or finger print). So far I am a fan!
I wholeheartedly agree. I absolutely love this app. With the companion app on my computer I can also transfer files, photos, etc... wirelessly to my computer. Also like the OP said I can unlock my computer using my phone and I can reply to text messages from my computer as well. Thumbs up from me!

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I already used SideSync... What advantages/disadvantages of using one vs. the other?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Didn't know about this. Installed on phone and laptop just now and will give it a go. Thanks for the info.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

This is working very nicely for me. Thanks for the heads-up.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I installed this. I don't have a Samsung tablet or Windows machine. I have a Surface Laptop. It says on Samsung's website that this should only work with the Samsung laptop. Is that accurate? I've successfully installed it on my Surface laptop, and on my Note 8. I've connected the two over Bluetooth, but then after that it just says on the phone that they're disconnected.

When I try to reconnect, it goes through the same Bluetooth connection effort asks me to verify my pin on both sides, after I do, it stays they're connected, and then I get the same message on the phone a moment after that saying it's disconnected again.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Works on my inexpensive Dell laptop running Windows 10, so no, not just for Samsung machines. Stays connected to my S8 Plus at home without issues.
Your Surface runs Windows so not sure what the problem is.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I installed this. I don't have a Samsung tablet or Windows machine. I have a Surface Laptop. It says on Samsung's website that this should only work with the Samsung laptop. Is that accurate? I've successfully installed it on my Surface laptop, and on my Note 8. I've connected the two over Bluetooth, but then after that it just says on the phone that they're disconnected.

When I try to reconnect, it goes through the same Bluetooth connection effort asks me to verify my pin on both sides, after I do, it stays they're connected, and then I get the same message on the phone a moment after that saying it's disconnected again.
Maybe try uninstall/reinstall on both devices? Do you have the most recent Windows update on your Surface. Flow app states your laptop needs to be on Creators update.
1. Windows Tablet/PC : Windows 10 OS Creators update (V1703) and June patch build (15063.413)

Last edited:

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try uninstall/reinstall on both devices? Do you have the most recent Windows update on your Surface. Flow app states your laptop needs to be on Creators update.
1. Windows Tablet/PC : Windows 10 OS Creators update (V1703) and June patch build (15063.413)
Yeah, I do have the latest. I'll uninstall and reinstall. Thanks!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Are there any ports that need to be open for Flow to work on Windows 10? Maybe some firewall rule adjustments are needed?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Are there any ports that need to be open for Flow to work on Windows 10? Maybe some firewall rule adjustments are needed?

For me it was just a matter of downloading Samsung Flow app from Microsoft Store on laptop and downloading Samsung Flow app on phone then following setup process. I don't have an AV program on my laptop other than Windows Defender, so not sure if that would make a difference.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
You can download both and find out?
Samsung SideSync allows you to show your phone screen in a window on your PC, and you interact with the phone the same way in that window. You can be connected to the pc via cable or they will be able to connect to each other over WiFi as well if you are on the same network (and my PC doesn't even have WiFi). Have not tried Bluetooth, that probably works as well (if the PC has Bluetooth). Phone nofications show up on your PC and you can make phone calls with the PC. You can also drag and drop files back and forth from the phone to your PC. So what does Samsung Flow do that is different or better? #rdumbu or someone else, now that I have told you what SideSync does, can't you just tell me what Samsung Flow does?

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I just installed Sidesync and am quite impressed. Only problem is it seems a little low resolution.
Once I've used it for a while, I'll probably give Flow a try and see how it compares.

Edit: It seems the resolution can actually be changed.