Battery drain

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Usually at night, I'll put on the medium battery savery and not usually have an issue. I have the Night Clock app on so I see the big clock and have my alarms set.

Went to bed with the phone at about 22 % - woke up and it was completely dead. Thankfully I didn't wake up late. It's charging up fine now, but 20% over night is concerning to me. I'll put it into the battery medium mode again I suppose for overnight, perhaps will do the battery check as well and clear any background stuff before heading to bed.

It's fast charging just fine now - and already at 33 %. I plugged the "dead" phone in about 20 minutes ago.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Usually at night, I'll put on the medium battery savery and not usually have an issue. I have the Night Clock app on so I see the big clock and have my alarms set.

Went to bed with the phone at about 22 % - woke up and it was completely dead. Thankfully I didn't wake up late. It's charging up fine now, but 20% over night is concerning to me. I'll put it into the battery medium mode again I suppose for overnight, perhaps will do the battery check as well and clear any background stuff before heading to bed.

It's fast charging just fine now - and already at 33 %. I plugged the "dead" phone in about 20 minutes ago.
Did you check in the settings menu to see what apps were using battery the most?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you check in the settings menu to see what apps were using battery the most?
I believe it had said screen, but I usually have that night clock on and brightness down to lile 25% (clock is black background red numbers). I'll check it again tonight.

It gets a rest for a decent part of the day when I'm using the Galaxy Tab S3.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe it had said screen, but I usually have that night clock on and brightness down to lile 25% (clock is black background red numbers). I'll check it again tonight.

It gets a rest for a decent part of the day when I'm using the Galaxy Tab S3.
How about plugging into the charger at bedtime.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, husband's cat likes to destroy my cords. But not his - he's got Apple. Lol. Seriously she's never touched any of his but has ruined probably 10 of mine
Cat problem is another issue altogether. There are ways to fix that too. Get rid of the cat and buy a dog.

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
LOL we have to Siberian huskies and a puggle and they avoid the cats
I'm pretty sure you'll find/fix the battery drain problem, but the cat issue, now we're talking unsolvable problem, on the order of "if a tree falls in the forest". vs

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, husband's cat likes to destroy my cords. But not his - he's got Apple. Lol. Seriously she's never touched any of his but has ruined probably 10 of mine
I've seen other people post this exact thing. Very strange. I'm a dog person so I won't share my solution. Lol. I hope you find the battery drain issue. I would thinks it's an app, but maybe a factory reset if nothing else works?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've seen other people post this exact thing. Very strange. I'm a dog person so I won't share my solution. Lol. I hope you find the battery drain issue. I would thinks it's an app, but maybe a factory reset if nothing else works?
I'm not too alarmed - I'll check it tonight before bed again.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Just wondering have you recently downloaded the security patch from T-mobile? I did and took a loss of battery life on both my V20 and Note 8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Last night - kept the night clock app on and before bed closed the background apps, lowered the brightness down, made sure data, location, wifi were all off and had on the Mid-Battery Saving option. Woke up to 32% - it was about 50%before bed. There are some times when it doesn't go down much at all - I think that app does play a part in it. I think it goes down less with the AOD display. I'll tinker with that tomorrow night and see. I just really like being able to look over and see the big clock - so I'm not that worried about it.

Plus - it gets a break during a good part of the day when I have the Tab S3 out, which I really enjoy.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Personally I think your major issue was leaving apps running and not running say a device clean prior to just walking away from it at night..plus 20% is a heck of a low point to just leave your phone..it's not uncommon for phones to register lower battery percentages wrong because it is at the end of it's cycle.
My recommendation is to clear every app and run the device health app..clear the memory through that app and than let it be. I do this every night and see maybe a 3-4% drop over a 6-7 hour timeframe. Although I'm leaving it at like 90+% before I go to bed

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Personally I think your major issue was leaving apps running and not running say a device clean prior to just walking away from it at night..plus 20% is a heck of a low point to just leave your phone..it's not uncommon for phones to register lower battery percentages wrong because it is at the end of it's cycle.
My recommendation is to clear every app and run the device health app..clear the memory through that app and than let it be. I do this every night and see maybe a 3-4% drop over a 6-7 hour timeframe. Although I'm leaving it at like 90+% before I go to bed
I'm sure leaving it at night at a higher percentage is a better option. Ihave been clearing through that battery default app, etc. It's been running fine and doing great throughout the day.