Samsung experience 9.0 clear badge feature

motoriousss

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
I remember very well that before the much anticipated android oreo (and Samsung experience 9.0) update for the note 8, the Samsung exprience 8 had a feature that you could hold down on an app (let's say WhatsApp) where it had a notification badge on the home screen, and it would open up a menu that you could clear the badge notifications. This was especially helpful as when these apps would play up and not clear a notification badge normally, I could force them to clear it. Now, the question/query is, it seems to have disappeared now when I try to do it in the new oreo/SE9.0.Is it hidden elsewhere?

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Got to love Sammy, Find something you love, and very soon it's GONE. I have LOVED Note phones since my Note 3, The note 8 may be my LAST. SAMSUNG SUCKS. They will tell you what you want to hear, while twisting the the knife in your back. The Oreo update is the worst and maybe final straw for me. I would be embarrassed to have my name on something so bad as Oreo.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
But I'm curious... Was this badge clear feature that is now gone... Was it a standard feature built into Nougat? Or was it a Samsung feature added to Nougat but not carried over to Oreo.

If it's the latter then IMO it would be lame of Samsung not to carry it over.

I'm guessing with their main priority being a full OS update with Oreo that the little add-ons like that take time to move over and they choose to eliminate it than to deal with conflicts in the future. I actually used that feature now and then and like it better than the Oreo implementation.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The badges are linked to notifications listed in the drop down. If you view or clear the notification then the badge clears too. Now they have a more robust link I'm not sure the extra clear option that they used to have is needed any more

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
But I'm curious... Was this badge clear feature that is now gone... Was it a standard feature built into Nougat? Or was it a Samsung feature added to Nougat but not carried over to Oreo.

That was a Samsung feature since badges of any kind were not introduced on the Pixel/Nexus line until Oreo...

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
...so Samsung probably HAD to drop it to get in line with the new Oreo Notification Badge system?

I can't say if it was required to bring the feature offered in line with Google or if it was just a matter of deciding not to reinvent the wheel of the badge offering and used what was already there.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If launchers like Nova can customize home screens with features they provides, I can't see why they couldn't carry over the badge clear option. Just a matter of supporting it if an update or app crashed it which I wouldn't trust Samsung to fix in a timely manner anyways.

...so Samsung probably HAD to drop it to get in line with the new Oreo Notification Badge system?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non