My Samsung is having terrible issues only after the Oreo update. It seems to only affect applications that are default to the Samsung. 60 photos just got deleted off my phone

Phone often prevents me from taking photos or screenshots, or editing photos and screenshots.

If I try to upload a photo from my gallery, it will sometimes not post if I select Browse, Open from Gallery.

Photos I take don't appear unless I restart and even then some are not recovered. Sometimes I need to restart the phone multiple times to retrieve images.

Pictures getting DELETED without me deleting them.

Clock always crashing, can hardly set alarms.

Samsung Notes always crashing. Sometimes I can't even type a sentence.

Chrome always crashing.

I have aps installed that didn't come with the phone and I notice no problems with them.

Samsung Gallery ap is the only Gallery ap I use.

I feel the photos getting deleted might have something to do with the Device Maintenance ap, with the Optimize Now.

Please help, I do not want my pictures to be deleted. I already had maybe 10 or so images deleted that cannot be replaced.

EDIT: Also please let me know if you have any of the same issues so I know it's not a virus
    07-09-2018 02:48 PM
    Have you tried a factory reset?
    07-09-2018 02:59 PM
    If that is going to delete my data, I can't.
    07-09-2018 03:09 PM
    You should backup your data (or sync it to the cloud) and do a factory reset.
    07-09-2018 03:21 PM
    I can't do that. And someone is saying that it doesntwork even with a reset
    07-09-2018 03:29 PM
    The only persistent issue I am having is random crashes (reboots). With the crash I have to manually reboot the phone to regain access to my SD card. Then it is fine until the next crash. The frequency of the crashes to totally random too so I have no I idea what is causing the crashes.
    07-10-2018 09:22 AM
    Why can't you back it up and then do a factory restore? You will still keep your data. Just because it didn't work for someone else doesn't mean it won't work for others. I would guess like 95% of phone problems are resolved when one does a factory reset.
    srvctec likes this.
    07-10-2018 09:56 AM
    The only persistent issue I am having is random crashes (reboots). With the crash I have to manually reboot the phone to regain access to my SD card. Then it is fine until the next crash. The frequency of the crashes to totally random too so I have no I idea what is causing the crashes.
    Have you tried running the phone without the sd card?
    07-10-2018 03:44 PM
    I will try that tonight when I get home. But never had problems with the sd card before Oreo.
    07-10-2018 04:10 PM
    I can't do that. And someone is saying that it doesntwork even with a reset
    What type of microSD card are you using? It's possible your SD card is going bad. That's happened to me. I had 3 SanDisk 128GB microSD cards fail in a short period of time.

It's also possible that when you updated to Oreo your file system got corrupted.

Final question. Are you running a custom version of Oreo or did you get the update via OTA from your carrier or Samsung?
    07-11-2018 12:42 AM
    What type of microSD card are you using? It's possible your SD card is going bad. That's happened to me. I had 3 SanDisk 128GB microSD cards fail in a short period of time.

It's also possible that when you updated to Oreo your file system got corrupted.

Final question. Are you running a custom version of Oreo or did you get the update via OTA from your carrier or Samsung?

1. The microSD card is 128gb Samsung class 10. It is only about 1 year old.
    2. OTA Oreo update from Verizon.

A friend is having the same issues with the crashes and the SD card not working.

Should I do a back up to Samsung Cloud and then do a FR as a last resort only?
    07-11-2018 11:12 AM
    Just as an FYI - I had two genuine Samsung 64GB PRO SDXC cards go bad in the last year and a half. To their credit, Samsung replaced both under warranty. When they went bad, I was using them in my Note 4. The symptom was simply an inability to read or write to the cards. I had not moved any apps to the card, so I was able to continue to use all my installed apps and the phone continued to work normally.
    07-11-2018 01:47 PM
    1. The microSD card is 128gb Samsung class 10. It is only about 1 year old.
    2. OTA Oreo update from Verizon.

A friend is having the same issues with the crashes and the SD card not working.

Should I do a back up to Samsung Cloud and then do a FR as a last resort only?

SD cards go bad, and it is possible yours did. If your SD card goes bad, it can cause all kinds of wonky stuff to happen on your phone. Before you factory reset, you should save what data you can from your SD card and completely wipe the partition, reformat it then put it back in. Make sure it is formatted as exFAT.

If you are still having the same issues, remove the SD card completely, wipe the cache partition and reboot your phone.

Finally, It is also possible that when you updated to Oreo, you got a corrupted install. So, if all else fails, then as a last resort, back up your data and factory reset.
    07-11-2018 03:09 PM
    Ok I have some free time this weekend so I will start trouble shooting and we will see what happens.
    07-13-2018 07:57 AM
    I'm experiencing some issues as well, but not like yours thankfully. But Google Home used to actually send directions to my phone when I would ask how long it would take to get somewhere. Well Google Homesays the directions have been sent to my phone, but they are never there. I LOVED this integration...it was super helpful. Now it's haphazard at best (meaning non existent most of the time). I've had a lot of settings and what not change themselves. I am not up to the challenge of a FR...I have SO much stuff on my phone...it's not just about email, contacts, notes and messages you know...
    07-16-2018 10:04 AM
    I have narrowed it down for me. Every time I am manually shutting off my wi-fi is forcing my phone to reboot. Any ideas besides a factory reset?
    07-31-2018 12:00 PM
    Just found this thread on another forum about the reboot when shutting off wifi (Note 8 reboots when turning Wi-Fi off).
    08-02-2018 10:03 AM