USB-C to HDMI wont work?

Xiomn

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
I've just went out and spent £50 on a HDMI cable and USB-C HDMI adapter and it doesn't even work. Can't figure out why, I thought it would be as simple as connecting everything together within seconds and success but no.

I've made sure the source on the TV is correct,
I've tried connecting it through the 2nd available HDMI port
I've tried unplugging the TV and everything and leaving it for a few minutes and retrying.

No luck.
It just says 'No video available.'

And I can't return it because I ripped the box to shreds so they wont take it back.

My phone is a Note 8.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you read the reviews on the adapter to see if it really worked with a Note device? Have you made sure it's got appropriate power to the adapter (if it's a powered one)? Did you read to see if there are any specific instructions for it (some have a specific sequence of what to connect in order for it to work)? Have you tried it with a different phone/device to make sure the adapter isn't defective?

The ones I've tried do work by plugging in right away (usually need to turn the TV on first, THEN connect the HDMI).

Xiomn

Apr 22, 2019
Visit site
Hello Spook. The adapter I bought is HP USB-C to HDMI 2.0

I assumed any old adapter would work.
I guess my incompetence has failed me this time around, if it is not compatible that is?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most should work, but unfortunately USB-C was still a mess back then so there are accessories that aren't compatible across the board. I'd first try to see if the adapter isn't defective or if it's only compatible with computers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo