Note 9 cases

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Finally got around to checking out some of the cases for my phone I received yesterday. All three seem decent and seem to work great with the amFilm Glass Protector. They offer about the same protection. I use to always use Lifeproof or Otterboxes, but they are too bulky for me. Sorry for photo quality, I used an old iPad.

Tekcoo(green/Black)
Not sure how I feel about the green on a blue phone. But for a generic brand, it seems pretty sturdy. The finger reader is deep.

Ringke(Black/clear)
Really like this one and see a few others talking about it. I like the design.

Caseology Skyfall(blue/clear)
The one I’m currently using. The blue bumper really goes good with the blue note. One complaint, it seems really tight. Not sure what people ment about it being sharp.

I have one other case but I didn’t mess with it. The brand is YouMaker and it has a built in screen protector. I’m also interested in the case that comes in MicroChip gray/ballpoint blue. The user photos I’ve seen of it looked really good. The colors seem to pop better than the stock photos.

I got that same ringke case. Been on my blue note9 since I got phone on August 23rd. Very good case so far.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered this case. It's cheap at $5.99 on Ebay but I thought it looked interesting lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180905-145834_eBay-01.jpg
    Screenshot_20180905-145834_eBay-01.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 43

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sent back the Lifeproof Next case for a refund. That case is the biggest POS I've ever purchased.
If your thinking about purchasing this case fuhgeddaboudit !

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
What didn't you like about it was a poorly made and isn't that like $80

Yes, $80. Makes the phone super wide, nasty oil slick on the back and when I tried wiping out the inside of the case with the included Lifeproof microfiber cloth it scratched like crazy. That clear plastic scratches like butter.

IMO this case is not worth $20. let alone $80.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, $80. Makes the phone super wide, nasty oil slick on the back and when I tried wiping out the inside of the case with the included Lifeproof microfiber cloth it scratched like crazy. That clear plastic scratches like butter.

IMO this case is not worth $20. let alone $80.

Don't you usually just buy the Defender for your phones I recall? Just stick with that. Lifeproof has always been overrated.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Don't you usually just buy the Defender for your phones I recall? Just stick with that. Lifeproof has always been overrated.

I always buy a ton of cases for my new phones. This one just plain Sucks. Speaking about Otterboxes I called Otterbox last week complaining about the Commuter case I purchased from them. She said don't worry they will ship be out a brand new replacement. Today in the mail I receive a Brand New Retail box black Defender case instead of the Commuter. Can't complain for free though.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I always buy a ton of cases for my new phones. This one just plain Sucks. Speaking about Otterboxes I called Otterbox last week complaining about the Commuter case I purchased from them. She said don't worry they will ship be out a brand new replacement. Today in the mail I receive a Brand New Retail box black Defender case instead of the Commuter. Can't complain for free though.

I spent $60 on the Defender, $40 on Samsung rugged case that shipped with my phone and $14 on the Legion case right when I ordered.

I would have just got a generic defender from my suppliers for dirt cheap but they didn't have them out yet before the phone was released. The one supplier their generic defenders are high quality and nearly identical to otterbox for pennies on the dollar compared to Otterbox. Their Note 8 and S9 ones look identical materials wise and all. Could have saved some $$ if I waited and just used my rugged case but I wasn't digging how thin the rugged case is on the sides. It's pretty exposed. I wish it was a little thicker like the Defender. The Defender makes the phone more comfortable to hold and type on as well.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm digging the Kate Spade case I got at the Verizon store the day my Note 9 arrived. It was a little pricey at $40, but I really wanted a clear case to showcase my lavender phone. I fell in love with the design the moment I saw it. Plus, it seem more protective than past Kate Spade cases, but still feels nice and slim.

20180823_071731.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm digging the Kate Spade case I got at the Verizon store the day my Note 9 arrived. It was a little pricey at $40, but I really wanted a clear case to showcase my lavender phone. I fell in love with the design the moment I saw it. Plus, it seem more protective than past Kate Spade cases, but still feels nice and slim.

View attachment 289884

That is HOTT and perfect with the lavender Note 9. :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Some case weights for everyone.

Samsung Rugged: 58.8 Grams
Otterbox Symmetry: 62.2 Grams
Otterbox Defender (no clip): 89.2 Grams
Speck Presidio Grip: 42.6 Grams
UAG Monarch: 49.6 Grams
Tech 21 Evo Check: 37.3 Grams
Caseology Parallax: 38.3 Grams
Lifeproof Next: 59.8 Grams

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the defender with several previous phones, and briefly with this phone last week. Returned it to have the extra cash on hand at the time but I'm definitely getting it. Superior protection, in the times I've used it, easy to hold, nice and grippy, love the secure "beefy" feeling of the phone in it.
How about the Otterbox Defender? I'm eyeing the blue color - works with wireless charging?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the defender with several previous phones, and briefly with this phone last week. Returned it to have the extra cash on hand at the time but I'm definitely getting it. Superior protection, in the times I've used it, easy to hold, nice and grippy, love the secure "beefy" feeling of the phone in it.

Some on here claim the phone gets damage in a fall due to the inner shell of the Defender. The samsung rugged case doesn't feel grippy in the hand or as protective.

Don't forget the generic Defenders. Depending on maker, it's nearly identical and will cost only about $12-15 on amazon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got my black Defender pro case (again) lol. Returned last week to save a little cash. Able to buy today. Woohoo. All black of course. Prefer that. The dark blue was real nice but didnt like the gray around camera.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got my black Defender pro case (again) lol. Returned last week to save a little cash. Able to buy today. Woohoo. All black of course. Prefer that. The dark blue was real nice but didnt like the gray around camera.

You like the Defender better than the Monarch?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My new favorite case, Solidsuit by Rhinoshield. It's a little slippery but the fit & finish of this case is just fantastic. Adds no bulk at all to the phone. I'm lovin it !

solid01.jpgsolid02.jpgsolid03.jpgsolid04.jpgsolid05.jpg