Hyperlapse white balance

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Normally your phones camera will automatically adjust white balance for take what it thinks is the best illuminated picture. In Pro Mode you can set the white balance to a fixed amount to get the photo that you think is best. I started experimenting with the mode last night, filming a storm front rolling in from Lake Eire. An 8 minute video yielded a 30 second hyperlapse video. However, every 5 seconds or so the white balance would auto adjust and the finished video would snap to the brighter level. Is white balance adjustment available in Hyperlapse Mode so the finished video is not ruined?

Galaxy Note 9, OS 10

Delenot

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My apologies for not being logged in when I first asked. I was on location and could not remember my forum password.

I have 3 options when using the Hyperlapse Mode.
I can set the framerate.
I can set the flash.
And a system setting button that does give me several options.

Unfortunately this is all regarding save type, picture size, resolution, and basic camera options such as gridlines, shutter sound, quick launch, etc. There is nothing I can find regarding White Balance.

Here is the recorded video for reference. As you watch you will see the change in balance. (You will also notice an unstable tripod and and excessive amount of insects. Like I said, I'm just beginning to test out this feature.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My apologies for not being logged in when I first asked. I was on location and could not remember my forum password.

I have 3 options when using the Hyperlapse Mode.
I can set the framerate.
I can set the flash.
And a system setting button that does give me several options.

Unfortunately this is all regarding save type, picture size, resolution, and basic camera options such as gridlines, shutter sound, quick launch, etc. There is nothing I can find regarding White Balance.

Here is the recorded video for reference. As you watch you will see the change in balance. (You will also notice an unstable tripod and and excessive amount of insects. Like I said, I'm just beginning to test out this feature.)

https://youtu.be/mVse7EYAsYk
Unfortunately in Hyperlapse Mode you only have couple settings to change not much else, guess its Samsung auto mode type only nothing more to adjust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2