Look what I found

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I like the idea of a 512GB phone, but I don't know if I want to pay that much for one if it'll be the same price as the one at T-Mo. I already feel stupid paying full retail price for a 256GB iPhone X ($1,149).

For the utility of it I'll look the other way as to cost and hope to keep this phone for at least two years. Though it has been well over a decade, there were instances where I'd used the same phone longer than twelve months.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
For the utility of it I'll look the other way as to cost and hope to keep this phone for at least two years. Though it has been well over a decade, there were instances where I'd used the same phone longer than twelve months.

Good luck!

I've switched phones four different times this year (Pixel 2 XL, iPhone X, S9+, Essential) so that's why I'm a bit apprehensive. I also have a problem with spending too much money on phones!

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Good luck!

I've switched phones four different times this year (Pixel 2 XL, iPhone X, S9+, Essential) so that's why I'm a bit apprehensive. I also have a problem with spending too much money on phones!

Me too. I had been going forward on the momentum of a new phone each year, often two a year circa 2012-2017, because my fiancée would get the latest phone each fall. I started it but she was pleased to have a new device each year. She was a bigger technophile than I was.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My son needed a new phone before returning to college and last week he got a Note 8. About $90.00 (taxes) and $30.00 a month (might have been $25.00, don't remember for sure).

IMHO, the Note 9 is on the wrong side of the value vs price curve. If this looks like a phone I want, I'll wait and see what happens with sales. If this phone is like the S9 / S9+, we will see price drops pretty fast. Don't really care about the free pre-order stuff.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, the Note 9 is on the wrong side of the value vs price curve. If this looks like a phone I want, I'll wait and see what happens with sales. If this phone is like the S9 / S9+, we will see price drops pretty fast. Don't really care about the free pre-order stuff.

Agreed. Just have a lower price for pre-orders.

It's kind of obvious that the carriers don't really have any fears of slumping sales. It probably only affects Samsung. You can get creative with the price that is given. But, I'm just not seeing an effort on the side of the carriers - T-mobile anyways.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Just have a lower price for pre-orders.

It's kind of obvious that the carriers don't really have any fears of slumping sales. It probably only affects Samsung. You can get creative with the price that is given. But, I'm just not seeing an effort on the side of the carriers - T-mobile anyways.

Bundle it with the Galaxy Watch for a price consideration and I believe that faithful, early adopters would move on that like ravenous wolves.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Bundle it with the Galaxy Watch for a price consideration and I believe that faithful, early adopters would move on that like ravenous wolves.

If a watch was a option like the VR Gear or SD card was the past few years, I'll choose the watch all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89