T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

anon(762744)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have heard you can do this and the credit will just transfer to your monthly phone bill but you definitely can't pay the $218.84 up front because the entire reason they are giving us a ridiculous value for our old phones is to lock us into a 2 year contract with them. You HAVE to stay with T-Mobile 2 years to realize the full benefit of this deal. I have no intention of leaving them so it made sense. If you are on the fence about T-Mobile you should go with the Samsung trade-in deals which were up front money.

My advice is to not pay it off early just so you don't screw anything up.

I just came over to T-Mobile about a month ago from Verizon and I love it so far. The data speeds in my area are anywhere from 2x to 3x faster than Verizon and I pretty much cut my bill in half with free Netflix, whats not to like. Thats also the reason I am using this promo, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just to chime in. I ordered a 512gb Ocean Blue from a retail store on the evening of the 10th because our best deal was trading in my wife's Galaxy S7 for $500 off (plus around $65 off which is the normal value of the handset at Tmobile. Not sure how many of you were aware of this? But means we are getting $565 for a 2.5 year old phone :) giddyup. Over time of course, but still). Then she will take my Note 8 gladly :)

Anywho, I had "Order Processed: Ready for UPS" back on Aug. 13th. So, the Monday after I pre-ordered. Last night, at 8:40pm I got my "Origin Scan" from Mesquite, TX. And literally first thing this morning at 12:01am I got my "Departure Scan" from Mesquite, TX, which is around 11 hours drive away from Atlanta, GA, where I live.

I paid for the cheapest $6.99 shipping which was supposedly 5-7 business days. My estimated delivery date is Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2 days before release. My theory is that obviously the orders that were made around midnight between Aug. 9 and 10 are being processed first but also that T-Mobile wants to make a distinction between those that paid $25 for overnight shipping (or got it free, lucky bastards :)) and those that opted for the slower shipping like me. So the former are on a plane as of last night and will get delivery today, and those that paid for ground will get theirs on Wednesday.

The rest of you that ordered after the 10th, whothe****knows? ;)

I'm not sure what the tmobile rep was smoking, but the $500 credit is just for the 128gb.

Here's their terms:

"Contact us before canceling wireless service to continue device payments, or credits stop & remaining balance at full price is due.

Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, service, trade-in & finance agreement required. SIM starter kit or upgrade support charge may be required. $500 or $250 in total credits, depending on trade-in; may include trade-in credit. Tax on pre-credit price due at sale.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 128GB : $279.99 down + $30/mo. x 24, pre-credit price: $999.99. 0% APR.

Pricing for well-qualified customers. Must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 12/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts (e.g. Carrier Freedom)."

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just came over to T-Mobile about a month ago from Verizon and I love it so far. The data speeds in my area are anywhere from 2x to 3x faster than Verizon and I pretty much cut my bill in half with free Netflix, whats not to like. Thats also the reason I am using this promo, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

yeah, in Atlanta I regularly get 100-180mbs down speed. Connection literally everywhere. And pay way less than the other big 3. Won't be leaving them ever unless something drastically changes in the mobile space.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have heard you can do this and the credit will just transfer to your monthly phone bill but you definitely can't pay the $218.84 up front because the entire reason they are giving us a ridiculous value for our old phones is to lock us into a 2 year contract with them. You HAVE to stay with T-Mobile 2 years to realize the full benefit of this deal. I have no intention of leaving them so it made sense. If you are on the fence about T-Mobile you should go with the Samsung trade-in deals which were up front money.

My advice is to not pay it off early just so you don't screw anything up.

That's another reason why I didn't preorder. I didn't want to be stuck for 2 years. Even if I did JUMP to the 10, I'd owe the amount up to half of the regular price. With a large down payment I might be ok with only s little bit left. But I decided to wait and see if tmobile offers anything else.

Still reading this discussion because I'm excited for all of you! I want pictures and more.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the tmobile rep was smoking, but the $500 credit is just borr the 128gb.

Here's their terms:

"Contact us before canceling wireless service to continue device payments, or credits stop & remaining balance at full price is due.

Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, service, trade-in & finance agreement required. SIM starter kit or upgrade support charge may be required. $500 or $250 in total credits, depending on trade-in; may include trade-in credit. Tax on pre-credit price due at sale.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 128GB : $279.99 down + $30/mo. x 24, pre-credit price: $999.99. 0% APR.

Pricing for well-qualified customers. Must be active and in good standing to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 12/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts (e.g. Carrier Freedom)."

*facepalm*. Go call 611, re-read the promotion, take a few minutes to read the offer. You are simply confusing the fact that they said "Get half off the Note 9" (which is true IF you get the 128gb version) and the fact that the offer is tied to SPECIFIC phones that are worth $250 or $500 REGARDLESS of which Note 9 you order. They just use the 128gb Note 9 in the example because in that example you are getting it for half off if you trade in a $500 phone. It's much less sexy to say you are getting 40% off if you trade in these phones for the 512gb Note 9....

No one is smoking anything, you are just confused.

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site

I came back to T mobile after been with Verizon for 10 years. Feels a lot better as well

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
That's another reason why I didn't preorder. I didn't want to be stuck for 2 years. Even if I did JUMP to the 10, I'd owe the amount up to half of the regular price. With a large down payment I might be ok with only s little bit left. But I decided to wait and see if tmobile offers anything else.

Still reading this discussion because I'm excited for all of you! I want pictures and more.

Yes, this promotion for T-Mobile is not really good at all for those that are 50/50 on whether they will stay with them for 2 years. But the difference between what they are offering for the Note 5 and S7 compared to what Samsung is offering is huge. The S7 only gets $250 at Samsung and the Note 5 only $150. So that could be a difference of $350. Of course Samsung's is up front and T-Mobile's is over 2 years but yeah, big difference.

dilum82

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Wow you guys are all lucky.
NO original Scan for me, no delivery date yet.
How ever the credit card was charged on the 18!
Spoke to a tmobile rep, they said that it wont ship until Wednesday!
Unbelievable!
Any one else on the same boat?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I guess most of us won't be getting ours today. It still shows delivery today, but never shows origin scan or on truck and out for delivery. But my money was taken out yesterday. I'm truly bummed. I knew it was to good to be true. So maybe Friday will be the day most or all of us get this in our hands. But I'll still be refreshing my tracking number throughout the day.

sirsagey

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting on origin Scan :(

Same here. UPS app and website show no movement but strangely when I use the tracking function in the tmobile app it shows In Transit but no delivery date and doesn't show an origin scan in the activity details. This is the strangest tracking I've experienced. Don't know yet if it's actually moving or not!

Attachments

• 16867.jpg
    16867.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 94

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, this promotion for T-Mobile is not really good at all for those that are 50/50 on whether they will stay with them for 2 years. But the difference between what they are offering for the Note 5 and S7 compared to what Samsung is offering is huge. The S7 only gets $250 at Samsung and the Note 5 only $150. So that could be a difference of $350. Of course Samsung's is up front and T-Mobile's is over 2 years but yeah, big difference.

Are you really getting $500 on your Note 5? Last year they only offered me $179. I kept it.

andross77

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Are you really getting $500 on your Note 5? Last year they only offered me $179. I kept it.

yes, lol. Read the promotion. The note 5 is literally the best trade in since it's so old and worth very little on the open market. Well actually you can get an S7 for like $125 if you search and note 5 is closer to $175 but it's the oldest phone that gets $500.

Last year Samsung had an insane promotion for those that bought the Note 7 before it went on fire and so i traded in my parents Galaxy S5 for $425. Now that was an old phone! T-Mobile had no where near as good a trade in for the Note 8. This year they have a better trade in than Samsung if you are willing to stay with them 2 years.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
*facepalm*. Go call 611, re-read the promotion, take a few minutes to read the offer. You are simply confusing the fact that they said "Get half off the Note 9" (which is true IF you get the 128gb version) and the fact that the offer is tied to SPECIFIC phones that are worth $250 or $500 REGARDLESS of which Note 9 you order. They just use the 128gb Note 9 in the example because in that example you are getting it for half off if you trade in a $500 phone. It's much less sexy to say you are getting 40% off if you trade in these phones for the 512gb Note 9....

No one is smoking anything, you are just confused.

I quoted the original details. Where are you reading? The spen allows me to change to text, but here's a screenshot. I would be careful what reps say... but that's up to you.

Attachments

• 11110.jpg
    11110.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 44