UK: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a S9+ dual SIM hybrid. The extra SIM space can also take the memory card so either you have 1 SIM card and 1 memory card or 2 SIM cards and no memory card. I had a good play with the Note 9 on Saturday and the S pen is reason enough to get this phone. Plus it feels lighter than the Note 8.
Yeah. Is yours direct from Samsung? Did VoLTE and Vowifi work oot the box? What provider?

Heard a good few people say the 9 feels better in the hand than the 8, which is strange as its actual heavier.
Thanks, boss.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone upgrading an an EE max plan that allows yearly upgrades? If so what price have you been quoted? Is the same as the tariffs for everyone else? I have my note 8 on a yearly upgrade with EE but this isn't due till the end of October so have to wait. Not completely sure whether to upgrade but I'm sure the itch will be enough that I will when the time comes!
I have a few lines with EE Inc my sim only one for my note.
Changing this to Note 9 on the annual upgrade plan with 60gb is £78 a month. Wonder if you get quoted the same.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a few lines with EE Inc my sim only one for my note.
Changing this to Note 9 on the annual upgrade plan with 60gb is £78 a month. Wonder if you get quoted the same.

Interesting thanks. I'm not due to upgrade till October so can't get a quote yet but currently I pay £72.99 for my note 8 with 40gb so if I get offered the same then it would be a fiver more per month.

Will have to decide when the time comes if that's actually worth it. It's not much more but I already think £72.99 is a ridiculous amount to pay every month so I'm not sure if I want to pay even more!

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Interesting thanks. I'm not due to upgrade till October so can't get a quote yet but currently I pay £72.99 for my note 8 with 40gb so if I get offered the same then it would be a fiver more per month.

Will have to decide when the time comes if that's actually worth it. It's not much more but I already think £72.99 is a ridiculous amount to pay every month so I'm not sure if I want to pay even more!
Thanks for that mate. Always good to see what others get offered.
It's why I would never go with a carrier. My note8 ( and my note 9 ) will cost £32 + SIM ( £17 for 30GB - I need the data ) with the option of changing phone or SIM at anytime.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't heard of any pre order bonus for us UK guys, that's pretty annoying, those AKG wireless headphones look pretty good too!
Weird how Samsung can give pre order bonuses in some areas and not others, we still pay the same!

RustyFJ

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't heard of any pre order bonus for us UK guys, that's pretty annoying, those AKG wireless headphones look pretty good too!
Weird how Samsung can give pre order bonuses in some areas and not others, we still pay the same!

We do seem to get a raw deal. The new Galaxy Watch offers a free wireless charger duo worth £89 if you order direct from Samsung or Carphone Warehouse, but the only deal I've seen on the Note 9 is a free wireless charger if you pre-order through CW.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
We do seem to get a raw deal. The new Galaxy Watch offers a free wireless charger duo worth £89 if you order direct from Samsung or Carphone Warehouse, but the only deal I've seen on the Note 9 is a free wireless charger if you pre-order through CW.

Yeah I saw the CPW deal, they have actually pushed the boat out this time around on trade ins also but even a wireless charger is better than nothing eh.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yip. UK shafted as usual.
US gets AKG headphones etc.
Aus gets upgrade to 8GB/512 version!!
Philippines getting Samsung smart TV.........

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't even find any decent case deals lol!
Haha. Snap.
What case you getting to start?
Screen protector?

I'm travelling a bit in September / October so think I will start with a slightly more protective Spigen with a kick stand. Normally go minimal.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that mate. Always good to see what others get offered.
It's why I would never go with a carrier. My note8 ( and my note 9 ) will cost £32 + SIM ( £17 for 30GB - I need the data ) with the option of changing phone or SIM at anytime.

It all comes down to how good the sim deal is. I remember when I got my note 8 I was considering buying direct from Samsung on the upgrade plan and I think it was something like £36 per month. Then the best deal at the time I could see for what I wanted on EE was 30 per month. So whilst 66 is still less than 72, it wasn't quite such a big difference so I stuck on EE. Of course if you can get a sim only deal for 15 per month then it makes a huge difference! I'm kind of stuck now unless I keep my note 8 then move out of contract next year. If I do the annual upgrade on EE then the contract length resets

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Haha. Snap.
What case you getting to start?
Screen protector?

I'm travelling a bit in September / October so think I will start with a slightly more protective Spigen with a kick stand. Normally go minimal.

Was going to get the Samsung rugged case but no discounts anywhere, emailed Samsung to see if there will be any vouchers with the phone but they basically said no.

Took the screen protector off my Note 8 after a couple of weeks and not had one since so it will be the same for the Note 9, just a case.

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting mine from CPW they have offered me £575 trade in for my note 8 so it's win win and ordered the watch. sitting on the fence for the Tab S4 though as my Tab S 2 is still going strong.....

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I always buy from my local Samsung Experience Store as they always have stock in and they have the Btu csc code on them.

Pre Ordering in the UK holds no real incentive for me right now. I'm certainly not letting Samsung have my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone which is in pristine condition for £200.

Having used the Note 9 and cash waiting I'll be buying one when the times right.