Confessions of a Phone Hopper

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Have the 9+ and (besides the curved screen) like it lots. Was expecting to hang on to the 9+ for two years, but hands on with the Note 9 has me hopping again. Stuff I like over the 9+:

The extra .2" display actually makes a difference for content in portrait.

Less curved corners

The extra 700mah of battery

Speakers sound even fuller than the good sounding 9+

Love the extra storage (getting the 512gb)

IMO, the extra 2GB ram seems superfluous with Android, but you never know.

Love the built in Dex. More practical than some might think. (I returned the Dex Pad I recently bought).

Dig the remote pen

The new heat design should make the device run even cooler. This is probably intended for Dex.

The total overall compels me to hop.

Last edited:

Inkdnaija

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Have the 9+ and (besides the curved screen) like it lots. Was expecting to hang on to the 9+ for two years, but hands on with the Note 9 has me hopping again. Stuff I like over the 9+:

Love the built in Dex. More practical than some might think. (I returned the Dex Pad I recently bought).

Dig the remote pen

The new heat design should make the device run even cooler. This is probably intended for Dex.

I am in the same boat...I dont know why!

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the Note phones just run better than the S series. Seems like since the Note 7 it's been that way. It's like a refinement. I am probably gonna hold onto the Note 9 for at least a full year to see if they continue the series next year.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I think the Note phones just run better than the S series. Seems like since the Note 7 it's been that way. It's like a refinement. I am probably gonna hold onto the Note 9 for at least a full year to see if they continue the series next year.

I agree. Except I'm not s series fan so I can at least wait to jump to the next note one a year. If they ever, ever ended the note series i would use my note8 and note9 til they both died and switch manufacturers I guess. Note only baby lol

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I skipped on the 8 because of the Finger Print Scanner location.

I'm definitely a Phone Hopper. lol

This year alone I had the Samsung S9, S9+, LG V30, Essential and my current OnePlus 6.

I will get the 9 because it's pretty much like the S9+ with bigger battery and improved S-Pen. The reason why I sold the 9+ was because of poor battery life.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a big phone hopper but now I only hop once a year and I finally made my mind up and will be hopping to a note 9. I figure with 5g at least 2 years away the note 9 will get me there

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I agree. Except I'm not s series fan so I can at least wait to jump to the next note one a year. If they ever, ever ended the note series i would use my note8 and note9 til they both died and switch manufacturers I guess. Note only baby lol
I was wondering myself what I'd do. I love the Samsung line particularly the Notes. I could probably live with the S series. Dont know I could go non Samsung I'm so used to and comfortable with them

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering myself what I'd do. I love the Samsung line particularly the Notes. I could probably live with the S series. Dont know I could go non Samsung I'm so used to and comfortable with them

I hope they don't get rid of the Note series. I mean I could live with just the S series if I had to but I have always preferred the Note line. Been using the Note since Note 2.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hope they don't get rid of the Note series. I mean I could live with just the S series if I had to but I have always preferred the Note line. Been using the Note since Note 2.
I've used every one of them. The first "real experience" I have with a flagship was back when my work let people get any phone and I got the Note 3 when it had just come out. Loved that one

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I would be in a pickle cause I don't want to go to lg, apple or Google so I guess I would have no choice after my note phones completely died but to go to a different Samsung phone. People can complain all they want about Samsung but my best experience has been with them.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I went from an S2 to the N3, 4,5,7. After the N7 debacle, I had the S7E, then the S8 when I cracked the S7E screen. I too could be happy with the S line if they dissed the Note.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

Less curved corners

Dig the remote pen

I'm a hopper too. Ive owned at least 6 phones this year. LG V30, Note 8, iPhone X, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 8 plus, S9+ (work phone currently), and now my Note 9.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 is still the greatest phone I've ever owned to date. Bar none. Besides the battery fiasco, it was literally the perfect smartphone.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The Note 7 is still the greatest phone I've ever owned to date. Bar none. Besides the battery fiasco, it was literally the perfect smartphone.

Note 7 I think was my favorite as well and I was broken hearted over the 2nd battery issue and knew that was the end of the line. On the other hand - that whole situation was such a nightmare with Tmobile...yuck.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I've had the Pixel 2 XL, iPhone X, and Samsung Galaxy S9+ this year. I had the S8, S8+, Note 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, and Pixel 2 XL last year. I know a thing or two about jumping from device to device. I'm definitely looking forward to the Note 9. That'll be the first phone I'll keep for a year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non