Anyone else have light bleeding on the left hand side?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On the note 9, the tiny black borders around the display have a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny gap between the metal frame. Does anyone else see the display through this gap? I noticed it on two note 9s and one even in the samsung store. NOTE: this is only visible on a bright screen, preferably white.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Just checked from all angles with screen on full brightness with white background but no light bleed or anything else unusual.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have it on mine. It's pretty bad. I'm trying to decide if it will bother me enough to return the phone or not. If this phone cost me $200 or less I would be able to overlook it, but at $1,000 I don't know if I can.

Some say to turn the brightness down, but I can see the light at low brightness also. If I turn it down to about 10% it's better, but then I don't enjoy the beautiful screen.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have it on mine. It's pretty bad. I'm trying to decide if it will bother me enough to return the phone or not. If this phone cost me $200 or less I would be able to overlook it, but at $1,000 I don't know if I can.

Some say to turn the brightness down, but I can see the light at low brightness also. If I turn it down to about 10% it's better, but then I don't enjoy the beautiful screen.

Not forgiveable at the price of $1000

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

ASK for replacement

Broken Vet

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site

What if it was like $175 less?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Never experienced this on any of my phones. Sorry to the ones that have. My OCD would go into fits if that happened lol

Star Gazer 1

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
I stumbled on this forum because I noticed it on my Note 9 too. Brightness 10% in a dark room. I was panicking at first but I think its because of my screen protector. I found this video on YouTube which explains the similar situation on Note 8. I don't want to take off my screen protector so I'll try to live with it. But I really hope the reason is what's explained in the video and not an actual manufacturing defect. https://youtu.be/iRg-UGFTJJ4

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I stumbled on this forum because I noticed it on my Note 9 too. Brightness 10% in a dark room. I was panicking at first but I think its because of my screen protector. I found this video on YouTube which explains the similar situation on Note 8. I don't want to take off my screen protector so I'll try to live with it. But I really hope the reason is what's explained in the video and not an actual manufacturing defect. https://youtu.be/iRg-UGFTJJ4

In that case it is the screen protector. But in mine and most everyone else's case, it's a manufacturer defect.