Does charging wake up your AOD to the lock screen at night?

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had many AOD Samsungs before. On my Note 9, last night when I was sleeping, everytime the phone began to draw power from AC to top off (I leave it plugged in all night, always have with all of the AOD phones), she wakes up the lock screen and makes the sound which both serve to wake me up. Only way to stop this is to remove it from the wireless charging cradle.

After waking today and testing, it seems Note 9 wakes when plugged in for 20 or 30 second, then goes back to AOD. What is happening here? I just did a factory restore to default and the same thing with no logging in; pure factory default.

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had many AOD Sumsungs before. On my Note 9, last night when I was sleeping, everytime the phone began to draw power from AC to top off (I leave it plugged in all night, always have with all of the AOD phones), she wakes up the lock screen and makes the sound which both serve to wake me up. Only way to stop this is to remove it from the wireless charging cradle.

After waking today and testing, it seems Note 9 wakes when plugged in for 20 or 30 second, then goes back to AOD. What is happening here? I just did a factory restore to default and the same thing with no logging in; pure factory default.
I've noticed this as well

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
That used to happen on my S7 when the battery reached 100%. Then it would dip to 99, then when it hit 100 again, another notification. Got very annoying.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow! You guys sleep light! LOL!

Anyway, I suggest that you use a night clock and leave it up all night. With some clocks, you can turn the brightness all the way down so it's very faint (if light bothers you while you sleep). That 100% charge notification shouldn't sound...hopefully.

You can also turn your notification sounds off at night.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My N9 remains quiet during the night with the exception of waking up when it reaches full charge or if something triggers a notification. if i turn on a light the AOD screen will brighten but that's about it. my N8 was also setup this way.

Cheers,
BR