Sport mode in the camera

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Its gone? Its not there and i can't find it to download. I use it all the time to take pics of my cat bc she's always moving, and just regular auto just doesnt take pics fast enough. Sport mode let me take pics as fast as i could hit the shutter.

If not, is there a good replacement? I downloaded a couple but photo quality was crappy. Taking a burst of 50 pics or whatever is fine, but i just wsnt one where i can take pics as fast as i can tap the button.

Honeybunny thanks you in advance.

Attachments

• 20180630_174358.jpg
    20180630_174358.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 145

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's gone, unfortunately (hopefully they bring it back, but at present, it's not in the stock options and not available for download...actually no camera modes are available for download this time). Might be because they're pushing their AI-powered mode and 'sports' might kick in when such a scene is detected? Or you can always use Pro Mode and adjust the shutter settings to your liking (which is really what Sports mode ended up doing, except you can take even faster shots with Pro Mode).

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Thank you.. do you know what a good setting would be on Pro mode?

I seem to remember last year someone actually had links gor a couple modes that werent on the camera.. if anyone has one for Sports mode could you drop it here? Thanks :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Shutter Speed is the one you want to play with (the camera shows it as Aperture, but oh well). The less time the lens stays open, the faster the picture gets taken, less blur in moving subjects is achieved, but this also reduces the amount of light you'll get in your shot (which is why Sports mode shots were usually darker unless used in VERY bright scenes). ISO will also affect it a bit, so lowering it means a faster shot.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Tried those additional modes from my SD card, they install but don't show anywhere in the camera app so basically don't work on this phone.

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/3kRq-lMCzjU

He said that turning on AF tracker is for those who shoot sports or fast moving objects. Skip to time: 3 min 20 sec for details.

Thanks for that, but it didnt do what i want it to. Shes not like out far away and im trying to take pics as shes running, basically its like shes sat in front of me licking her paws or meowing ect. With the old sport mode i could go taptaptaptaptap on the shutter and get a pic every second, and i would get great shots of her mid lick or mid meow. Without sport mode its like tap...tap.....tap, and it wont respond fsst enough to catch anything. I tried what he said in the video and it didnt work, shutter response is still slow. Thank you for trying to help tho!

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Shutter Speed is the one you want to play with (the camera shows it as Aperture, but oh well). The less time the lens stays open, the faster the picture gets taken, less blur in moving subjects is achieved, but this also reduces the amount of light you'll get in your shot (which is why Sports mode shots were usually darker unless used in VERY bright scenes). ISO will also affect it a bit, so lowering it means a faster shot.

I tried it, but as soon as it got faster it got really dark. Grrr... why they cant just give us sports mode?

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

With a faster shutter speed you have to raise ( use a higher ) ISO, not lower it.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Aperture is nit shutter speed. The aperture should let you choose between the two available aperture settings on the phone.

Inquisitorkitten

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Ive tried messing with ISO and shutter speed in Pro, it doesnt work.

You know what sucks? I have another phone i use for work, just a cheapie, like around 200 bucks. i dont even remember the model, just that its a Samsung... but i just tried, and it lets me hit the shutter as fast as i want.

Why doesnt my Note do it?

Heres a video of me snapping pics rapidly with my work phone. This is all i want to do with my Note. Why is it so hard?

https://youtu.be/0z-DykE6i4w

Now heres me trying the same with my Note 9

https://youtu.be/xeeonnk66cs

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Aperture is nit shutter speed. The aperture should let you choose between the two available aperture settings on the phone.

I know that, but that's what Sammy calls it (don't blame me, I didn't design their phones! haha). Like the poster above said, now they do include the ACTUAL aperture setting in there since they have their fancy dual-aperture lens, but in the past, they only had shutter speed under what THEY labeled 'A'...which many have said must stand for Aperture Time.