This may be a dumb question considering I have experience with Notes and the S pen, but I'm going to ask anyway. How do I get the screen off memo to work ? I used to do it on my note 5 but since I haven't had a note since I had the note 7 for two days I've forgotten how to make it work.
    09-02-2018 12:20 PM
    This may be a dumb question considering I have experience with Notes and the S pen, but I'm going to ask anyway. How do I get the screen off memo to work ? I used to do it on my note 5 but since I haven't had a note since I had the note 7 for two days I've forgotten how to make it work.
    If you haven't changed any settings, then just pull out your S pen before touching anything else on the sleeping phone then write away.
    If you have changed any relevant settings then go into settings, advanced features, S pen, screen off memo then enable.
    09-02-2018 12:31 PM
    If you haven't changed any settings, then just pull out your S pen before touching anything else on the sleeping phone then write away.
    If you have changed any relevant settings then go into settings, advanced features, S pen, screen off memo then enable.
    Thank you!! I don't know why I couldn't remember this.
    evohicks and dsignori like this.
    09-02-2018 12:52 PM
    Just to add. If you already wrote a note and save it with your screen still off, then decided to take another note, no need to re-insert your pen and take out again to activate it, just press the Spen button and double tap on your screen
    09-02-2018 08:05 PM
    Just to add. If you already wrote a note and save it with your screen still off, then decided to take another note, no need to re-insert your pen and take out again to activate it, just press the Spen button and double tap on your screen
    Didn't know this. Thanks.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-02-2018 08:50 PM
    Ha. I didn't know this part. Thanks
    09-03-2018 04:31 AM
    Also if you are in a call and need to take a note then this double tap holding the button applies too.
    sweetypie31 and durandetto like this.
    09-03-2018 11:25 AM
    Y'all keep the tips coming. Although I've had several notes Ive rarely used the pen. I'm trying to get into using it more .
    09-03-2018 02:54 PM
    Oh man, I did not know this! I've been putting the call on speaker, turning phone off & then pulling out the pen to write , LoL, THANK YOU!!
    09-03-2018 04:01 PM
    This "hold the button, double tap the screen," works for all apps; phone, videos, everything.

It opens up the notes screen.

There are some really great YouTube videos out there with SPen tips & tricks... which is where I had learned this.
    09-03-2018 04:14 PM
    This "hold the button, double tap the screen," works for all apps; phone, videos, everything.

It opens up the notes screen.

There are some really great YouTube videos out there with SPen tips & tricks... which is where I had learned this.
    Very true. Good stuff to,learn out there. Here is a long, useful one.
    09-03-2018 07:51 PM
    I've watched 3 or 4 videos and I've owned 3 notes and never seen this before. It's one of the complaints I had not being able to quickly write a note while on a call. Thank you for the tips.
    09-03-2018 09:30 PM
    Saki always does a great job demonstrating features and how to use them.
    09-09-2018 07:48 PM
    How do I get a Screen off note to go away?
    08-30-2019 12:33 PM
    How do I get a Screen off note to go away?
    On the lock screen? If you put your pen back in should go away
    08-30-2019 01:00 PM
    I had to delete the note...

I wrote a note... then pinned it to the Always on display a few days ago. Today I looked at my AOD and the note pin icon was there and I clicked on it. The the note came up and I could'nt get it to go back to the normal AOD. I ended up deleting the note and It did eventually go away.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-30-2019 02:20 PM
    I had to delete the note...

I wrote a note... then pinned it to the Always on display a few days ago. Today I looked at my AOD and the note pin icon was there and I clicked on it. The the note came up and I could'nt get it to go back to the normal AOD. I ended up deleting the note and It did eventually go away.
    Oh ok good
    08-30-2019 02:51 PM
    Lots of good tips here! Thanks for the help!
    08-31-2019 10:10 AM