Screen off memo

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question considering I have experience with Notes and the S pen, but I'm going to ask anyway. How do I get the screen off memo to work ? I used to do it on my note 5 but since I haven't had a note since I had the note 7 for two days I've forgotten how to make it work.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
This may be a dumb question considering I have experience with Notes and the S pen, but I'm going to ask anyway. How do I get the screen off memo to work ? I used to do it on my note 5 but since I haven't had a note since I had the note 7 for two days I've forgotten how to make it work.

If you haven't changed any settings, then just pull out your S pen before touching anything else on the sleeping phone then write away.
If you have changed any relevant settings then go into settings, advanced features, S pen, screen off memo then enable.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't changed any settings, then just pull out your S pen before touching anything else on the sleeping phone then write away.
If you have changed any relevant settings then go into settings, advanced features, S pen, screen off memo then enable.
Thank you!! I don't know why I couldn't remember this.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Just to add. If you already wrote a note and save it with your screen still off, then decided to take another note, no need to re-insert your pen and take out again to activate it, just press the Spen button and double tap on your screen

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to add. If you already wrote a note and save it with your screen still off, then decided to take another note, no need to re-insert your pen and take out again to activate it, just press the Spen button and double tap on your screen
Didn't know this. Thanks.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Ha. I didn't know this part. Thanks:)

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Also if you are in a call and need to take a note then this double tap holding the button applies too.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Y'all keep the tips coming. Although I've had several notes Ive rarely used the pen. I'm trying to get into using it more .

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh man, I did not know this! I've been putting the call on speaker, turning phone off & then pulling out the pen to write , LoL, THANK YOU!!

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This "hold the button, double tap the screen," works for all apps; phone, videos, everything.

It opens up the notes screen.

There are some really great YouTube videos out there with SPen tips & tricks... which is where I had learned this.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've watched 3 or 4 videos and I've owned 3 notes and never seen this before. It's one of the complaints I had not being able to quickly write a note while on a call. Thank you for the tips.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had to delete the note...

I wrote a note... then pinned it to the Always on display a few days ago. Today I looked at my AOD and the note pin icon was there and I clicked on it. The the note came up and I could'nt get it to go back to the normal AOD. I ended up deleting the note and It did eventually go away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had to delete the note...

I wrote a note... then pinned it to the Always on display a few days ago. Today I looked at my AOD and the note pin icon was there and I clicked on it. The the note came up and I could'nt get it to go back to the normal AOD. I ended up deleting the note and It did eventually go away.
Oh ok good