Blue vs black

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a Note 9 until I saw the color options. I would prefer black but the blue isn't bad looking, but I can't stand that nasty yellow pen.

So I decided I'd rather keep my Note 8 than buy something I think is ugly and don't need.

I have always owned black notes, have a black Tab S4, and will wait and really hope Samsung eventually will release the black color in the United States. I've held the blue color several times, and would have purchased it if the s-pen was a matching color, and even though I like the color yellow, it is much too conspicuous for my taste.

What do you guys think - will Samsung release a Black version and if so when???

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I have always owned black notes, have a black Tab S4, and will wait and really hope Samsung eventually will release the black color in the United States. I've held the blue color several times, and would have purchased it if the s-pen was a matching color, and even though I like the color yellow, it is much too conspicuous for my taste.

What do you guys think - will Samsung release a Black version and if so when???

My personal opinion is that the standard should be all markets having the black model available. Then, in addition to it you could have other color variants available but the black should always be an available option.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a note 8 and always owned black phones with the exception of a white note 4. No black note 9s in the us so what do you guys think about the ocean blue with yellow s pen

Love love love it! The yellow S-pen reminds me of old school pencils. Fortunately Spigen makes a few cases that are the exact same color blue in a matte yet shimmery texture. My case will be here tomorrow.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The blue in a clear case is stunning. I love it. I'm not a fan of the yellow S Pen, but meh. Color really isn't all that important to me, TBH.

The last clear case I had was a Spigen clear case for my purple S9 Plus. I couldn't believe it but it managed to change the color of the phone. It gave it a more golden tone. I found a speaking case that was the exact same purple in a matte yet shimmery texture. Getting the same thing in Ocean Blue.

purple.jpg

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm the only one here who got the purple. I really like the color and most people say it's purple when I ask them about it. Definitely different and that's why I like it.

I had the S9+ in the Lilac color. Very pretty! Had a matching Spigen case on it. I bought an Ocean Blue Spigen case for the Note. I've never owned a black phone since the S5 and never will. I love the color options now :) They makd a few styles in these colors.
View attachment 289747

View attachment 289748

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you see the blue in person? It's much darker than portrayed in ads for the phone. I had the grey Note 8 and bought the blue Note 9. It's really a nice looking phone.

The phones in the ads and You Tube videos have bright studio lights to brighten up the color. That's what I like about matching color cases.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I normally either get Black or Gray, and on rare occasion white if available. I was hesitant at the colors this time around but once I saw the Blue in person I liked it, unlike Samsung's other blue phones from the past.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had my doubts at first but it quickly grew on me a few hours after I saw this

IMG_20180822_125010.jpg

It delivered the Note 9 of course

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress