Warm phone

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else's phone get warmer than normal? My phone started doing this today, by just browsing the internet, or being on Instagram. I never noticed it with my so plus, it always ran cool. It's so annoying because It makes it uncomfortable to hold after a while.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
A little warm when doing Smartswitch with 30GB of apps when first got phone, but nothing else. Ambient temperature can also be a factor. Hot temps, hot phone. Ditto if phone is exposed to sun.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else's phone get warmer than normal? My phone started doing this today, by just browsing the internet, or being on Instagram. I never noticed it with my so plus, it always ran cool. It's so annoying because It makes it uncomfortable to hold after a while.

In my opinion they put the heat sink there bc they were worried about the large battery overheating. That extra copper just.makes the heat get out faster so you're more likely to feel it on your hands. It's probably better for the device/battery for this to happen. It's just a little more uncomfortable than it would be without it, like on the s9 plus.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The heat pipe is in place to keep the chipset cool not the phone for when people are using Dex or intensive gaming.

If the phones in a case that will hold heat from dissipating from the phone.

The phone will warm up with usage and from heat from our hands and from weather conditions.

However if the phone ever gets too hot to comfortably hold then seek redress from a Samsung Experience Store or Service Centre.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I might take it to Best buy and see if I can exchange it...it's still getting too warm to hold, seems it gets hot on the left side, the right feels cool. Never had any issues with my s9. So the way I see it it should perform just as good.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I might take it to Best buy and see if I can exchange it...it's still getting too warm to hold, seems it gets hot on the left side, the right feels cool. Never had any issues with my s9. So the way I see it it should perform just as good.

Surf the internet before entering the store so the phone reaches the temperature your experiencing so the store rep can't try to put you off by saying it's not hot right now or something similar.

RandomGuy Yo

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I would download a widget or app that tells you the temperature of your phone. Figure out what causes it get warm and take it in and show them, because like the last post said they may tell you well it's not hot now so there's nothing we can do about it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

That's exactly what I'd do. A $1000 phone should be comfortable to hold (temperature-wise)

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
My temperatures:
Standby: 30 C / 86 F
In use: 35 C / 95 F

Never really gets below those values, even at night when it is just idle for 6 hrs.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Were you able to exchange your Note 9 at Best Buy?

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to exchange your Note 9 at Best Buy?
I ended up keeping it, what I did was I cleared the cache. It hasn't gotten hot anymore, not sure if it was an app misbehaving in the background. Im glad, I didn't want to go through the whole exchanging, and set up of a new phone.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I ended up keeping it, what I did was I cleared the cache. It hasn't gotten hot anymore, not sure if it was an app misbehaving in the background. Im glad, I didn't want to go through the whole exchanging, and set up of a new phone.

Good move! Glad you were able to resolve the problem without going through the exchange process. 🙂

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol