My First Complaint :( Bixby vs the Camera's Voice Control)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have used the camera's voice control on my Galaxy phones since Samsung first offered it. It's one of the first things I enable when I get a new phone. I know this shouldn't be a hard decision (knowing how people feel about Bixby) but I've discovered you can't have Bixby voice enabled and use the the camera's voice control. It's one or the other. Why? :eek: You're not saying "Hi Bixby" before saying shoot, or smile or cheese.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have used the camera's voice control on my Galaxy phones since Samsung first offered it. It's one of the first things I enable when I get a new phone. I know this shouldn't be a hard decision (knowing how people feel about Bixby) but I've discovered you can't have Bixby voice enabled and use the the camera's voice control. It's one or the other. Why? :eek: You're not saying "Hi Bixby" before saying shoot, or smile or cheese.

Oh my gosh,...that is a complaint of mine too. Like why is it one or the other. I haven’t given up on Bixby yet..though I am close. It seems to be useless. I have it set to do things while locked and it constantly asks me to unlock it.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
Oh my gosh,...that is a complaint of mine too. Like why is it one or the other. I haven’t given up on Bixby yet..though I am close. It seems to be useless. I have it set to do things while locked and it constantly asks me to unlock it.
Bixby won't carry out instructions while the phone is locked, for security reasons.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I used to use the voice activated shutter on my Galaxy S5 which worked perfectly. How about this idea? A simple on screen option whenever you open the camera app to momentarily disable Bixby voice. You open the camera, Bixby voice is disabled, you open any other app its automatically re- enabled.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

Yes really a Samsung hiccup!
Maybe a software update will come.
Until then I keep Bixby off, and use words to take pictures.
Remember Bixby 2.0 was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? forgettaboutit😂😂
Grandkids love it. though

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Having verbal commands in my camera app is 1000 times more important to me than Bixby. I figured out how to disable Bixby Voice Wake Up. That's the only thing that keeps the camera app from working like I wanted it to. I'm happy :)

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I have Bixby Voice Wake turned off and I can still use Bixby to take a picture by holding the Bixby Button down and saying, "take a selife", and I can also use the camera voice functions by saying, "cheese". Although it looks like the voice control won't work in the camera settings (because it is greyed out), but it will still work.

I am on T-Mobile.. so am I missing something? Maybe its carrier based whether you can use the voice commands on the camera and also have Bixby.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting that it still works for you even tho the option is grayed out. It didn't work for me. I had no idea the option was disabled since that's one of the first things I do when I get a new Samsung phone (turn on the camera's voice control). It wasn't till I opened the settings to see why it wasn't working that I discovered the problem and discovered it was due to good ol Bixby. With an update and disabling Bixby's Voice Wake Up (that I never used) I'm now able to use the camera's voice commands AND use Bixby when I want to with no accidental button pushes.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and I am unable to say smile or cheese when I am within the camera it’s self. I was so used to doing that but I want to play around with Bixby so I haven’t disabled wake up on it. I’m hoping there’s an update were we are able to use both.
I have Bixby Voice Wake turned off and I can still use Bixby to take a picture by holding the Bixby Button down and saying, "take a selife", and I can also use the camera voice functions by saying, "cheese". Although it looks like the voice control won't work in the camera settings (because it is greyed out), but it will still work.

I am on T-Mobile.. so am I missing something? Maybe its carrier based whether you can use the voice commands on the camera and also have Bixby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer