Pixel 3 whose switching?

Worshipper

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
NOtch way that I’m switching. If the pixel were cheaper it might be tempting but google makes sure to not tempt me by releasing overpriced, ugly hardware with limited carrier options. Thanks google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why did you switch to the note 9 again?

I've used notes in past and still have the note 2 and 4 .
But I bought the note 9 because I wanted the Bluetooth s pen and bigger battery and the boxed shape ...I've been using it for my business also .

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not switching but I am considering picking up the regular P3 not the ugly XL. I'm not going to pre-order tho and will wait it out for a bit.

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
For me its all going to be really good whether I go pixel 2xl or 3xl or note9 as I will be upgrading from a Note4!!!, swapping out batteries twice a day. I have a question: I figure one of the reasons I've been able to keep the old phone is that it is in pretty good shape, damage wise. I've kept it that way because it's always been in a folio/wallet style case. Does wireless charging only work well when the Pixel 3 is not in a case? if so I won't even be able to use wireless charging. True or false?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
False. It's just like any other model of smartphone that has wireless charging whether a folio or not... it depends if the case is too thick to make a good connection on the pad. Or cases that hold credit cards sometimes if you have more than a card or two in it, then it will block charging. or cases with metal kickstands.

https://9to5google.com/2018/10/10/pixel-3-cases-roundup/

For me its all going to be really good whether I go pixel 2xl or 3xl or note9 as I will be upgrading from a Note4!!!, swapping out batteries twice a day. I have a question: I figure one of the reasons I've been able to keep the old phone is that it is in pretty good shape, damage wise. I've kept it that way because it's always been in a folio/wallet style case. Does wireless charging only work well when the Pixel 3 is not in a case? if so I won't even be able to use wireless charging. True or false?

finsmaniac02

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so I have a thread up on reddit that I started:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9n0noi/switching_from_a_note_9_to_the_pixel_3_xl_thoughts/

I won't repeat it all here.
BUT I am tempted (infact have already preordered the p3 xl)

Basically, Samsung's update leadtime really upsets me. The phone has 6gb but honestly I think with samsung's UI and lack of optimizing, that it NEEDS those extra 2gb to stay as snappy as it is.
The SPEN is really nice, I'll miss it. The battery is currently pretty darn good too, I don't know how the p3 xl will compare.

But I had the OG Pixel XL, and its fluidity and stability were bar none the best I have ever had on android. I guess some people with the Pixel 2 are saying otherwise, which sort of worries me lol.

The notch isn't so bad, you'll be able to put the status bar in it and everything below the notch being usable for apps. Its like the same usable size as going "immersive mode' on a different phone.

I dunno, I think I'm gonna do it....

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to post a topic in the Note9 forum and expect a lot of support. In the end, the decision is to yours to make and not to have others talk you out of it. For my use, it absolutely makes no sense to go from a Note9 to a Pixel 3XL. I knew before I got my Note9 what the Pixel would bring and chose to remain with the Note line. Everyone is different. Personally, the argument over quicker updates being the reason to switch is utterly ludicrous. That's just my opinion. If it was 2014 still, I may have a different opinion.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Well for me its an easy decision. Switching I guess is a little more complicated for me because I will buy the Pixel and play. Which one ends up being my daily driver or in some cases my favorite is yet to be determined.

Rconover76

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
N9 owner. I would consider the small one only for the camera (maybe). I have a pixel 2 as my backup. I would not consider switching from the n9 to the 3xl. No way. Maybe its just me but the fact that Google built a iphone X clone drives me away. Do something different, innovate.... Copy cats are Pathetic in my book. That's just my opinion.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I went to a local best buy and played with both the xl and the small one and I will say the speed and fluidity of the OS was pretty amazing. I have the note 9 with the 8gb and I tested opening up various apps and was impressed with how quick everything was opening and the switching was without any sort of lag. It just upsets me that having 8gb on a phone doesnt compare to a 4gb phone.

I'm not saying I'm getting rid of my note 9. Love it to pieces. That occasional sim switcheroo might happen in the near future.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ever since Google released the Pixel they have become more like Apple. In terms of pricing and marketing.

I can even say they're worse.

When you need to advertise that you will SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS you need to do better.

What justifies their premium pricing? Compare Apple and Samsung's build & design, at least it shows. What's their excuse for removing the 3.5mm headphone jack?