Note 9 screen crack easily?

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
we all have moments of carelessness.

Whether or not it was careless is debatable, seeing he could have tripped from the shoelace and cause damage to his phone, in that case him not making sure his laces were tied could of been seen as being careless.

Either way your post reinforce my sentiments, accidents can happen to even those who exercise high levels of caution, have a nice one.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Whether or not it was careless is debatable, seeing he could have tripped from the shoelace and cause damage to his phone, in that case him not making sure his laces were tied could of been seen as being careless.

Either way your post reinforce my sentiments, accidents can happen to even those who exercise high levels of caution, have a nice one.

Of course accidents can happen to anyone - that's obvious. The point is that some people seem to break phones on a regular basis, while others go years without incident. Phone accidents are a regular, common occurrence for some, and rare for others. Everyone can make their own personal decision based on their history, competency, and risk comfort level. If someone is accident prone - take more precaution, use more protection, buy a less expensive, or less fragile device. Lots of remedies.
All the best.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
In my case anyway, I'd say the screen doesn't crack easily. This evening mine took a spill in the kitchen when it managed to get half-flung through the air and land face down on linoleum floor, from counter height. Not a thing wrong. Whew. Tech 21 smoke clear case.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
In my case anyway, I'd say the screen doesn't crack easily. This evening mine took a spill in the kitchen when it managed to get half-flung through the air and land face down on linoleum floor, from counter height. Not a thing wrong. Whew. Tech 21 smoke clear case.
Glad it survived. Once it drops, the rest is up to luck - what it lands on, and how. The Note 9 can definitely survive drops - until it doesn't. :)

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It does. I haven't cracked any part of a phone since my blackberry days. I had a Note 7 prior to recall, S7, Note 8.. no cracks, even after drops.

I've barely had the Note 9, in an Otterbox case, and somehow cracks have appeared to the lower right side of the cameras and fingerprint sensor.

I haven't dropped it. It's in an Otterbox! Yet, the rear glass is cracked.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Yes. It does. I haven't cracked any part of a phone since my blackberry days. I had a Note 7 prior to recall, S7, Note 8.. no cracks, even after drops.

I've barely had the Note 9, in an Otterbox case, and somehow cracks have appeared to the lower right side of the cameras and fingerprint sensor.

Oh man that's awful... Wouldn't want that happening to my precious note 9:(

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I have a phone case for my note 9. Can't imagine anyone would carry a note 9 around without a case... I mean it's an all glass phone haha!

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never cracked a phone (and I don't use cases), but that's because I don't drop my phone. Any glass phone can break if you drop it, even with a good case. I'd advise against having an expensive phone unless you can successfully avoid dropping it.
But I'm a nerd. Have to have them. The s7 edge was the only phone that cracked on me. With a case. So I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue with the note 9 as of yet. But I did just receive it and the curved edge is not as aggressive and the Samsung official kick stand Case cover the sides decently.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Rocking a Spigen Tough Armor case and a IQ Shields wet application screen protector on phone since I got my Note 9 in September. Had a hand full of drops and not a scratch on it. Use a case and a screen protector and hope for the best.
The Note 9 just seems to be a little tougher. I haven't tried no field goals with it, but I do believe it's stronger..
How's the screen protector feel to the touch and for the pen?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
But I'm a nerd. Have to have them.
Ok, fair enough. :)

The s7 edge was the only phone that cracked on me. With a case. So I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue with the note 9 as of yet. But I did just receive it and the curved edge is not as aggressive and the Samsung official kick stand Case cover the sides decently.
For what it's worth, my impression is that the Note9 is generating fewer reports of cracked screens than the Note8, which in turn had fewer than the S7 Edge. If so, then either the phones are getting sturdier, or users are getting more careful, or everyone is getting tired of reporting broken phones. :)

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Ok, fair enough. :)

For what it's worth, my impression is that the Note9 is generating fewer reports of cracked screens than the Note8, which in turn had fewer than the S7 Edge. If so, then either the phones are getting sturdier, or users are getting more careful, or everyone is getting tired of reporting broken phones. :)

The note 9 is made to be sturdier than the note 8!

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont use a top notch case, usually just the LED case or a leather wallet. However I am rocking the White dome which hopefully will protect the main screen. For the not so casual mode I just got the Palm companion to go with the note 9, which in turn will put a little less use on the high dollar note when I decide to get a little more radical. Thats how I roll!

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site

Then you have some kind of defect.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

You have it in an Otterbox and never dropped it. You're saying it basically cracked for no reason. Something wrong there. I wonder if someone else got their hands on your phone and dropped it. I've seen no other reports like that. Heavily protected, never dropped, spontaneous breaking.... makes no sense. I'd say something happened you may not be aware of, or the phone was defective.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There are plenty of people (including myself) who do not use screen protectors.

I don't use tempered glass on the newer Samsung phones due to most of them uber suck, BUT I always use an Otterbox Defender or other case that has large lips that protect the screen. I keep my phone in the right pocket with nothing else in my pockets to scratch it.

I don't understand why people use thin cases with very small raisivity like the tech 21 cases for example.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

It's odd. Like the Armadillotek case for example on youtube people reviewing it are throwing it all over the place and no damage appears. Then I read on Amazon reviews someone drops it from 3 feet and the back of the device spider web cracked and someone else shattered their screen with the case.

Someone with a Unicorn Beetle on Amazon said they didn't drop their phone and one day cracks appeared. I think in that case it's because the Beetle its super tight that it caused pressure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer