Notification Issue

smokeysmoo

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
I've been a Note user for a long time, but my Note 9 is winding me up with notifications.

In particular some that I can't slide to dismiss such as this one about a recent software update.

I can only seem to snooze these notifications not get rid of them. I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't seem to sort it out.

What am I doing wrong guys?

T.I.A.

Attachments

• 20181228_095606.jpg
    20181228_095606.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 106

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
While I am unable to see the picture that you posted on Tapatalk, if the Software Update is an Android OS update, then you won't be able to dismiss the Notification, and at some point you will have to install the Android OS update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been a Note user for a long time, but my Note 9 is winding me up with notifications.

In particular some that I can't slide to dismiss such as this one about a recent software update.

I can only seem to snooze these notifications not get rid of them. I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't seem to sort it out.

What am I doing wrong guys?

T.I.A.

When that happens to me I just restart the phone goes back to normal or go device maintenance and clear ram

Miljan Milosavljevic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a different problems with my notifications.... actually I don't see any notifications from WhatsApp Viber or Gmail, even they are set it to do that in settings.... I can only hear the sound but screen is off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having a different problems with my notifications.... actually I don't see any notifications from WhatsApp Viber or Gmail, even they are set it to do that in settings.... I can only hear the sound but screen is off.

You having the issue on pull down notifications or lock screen?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
While I am unable to see the picture that you posted on Tapatalk, if the Software Update is an Android OS update, then you won't be able to dismiss the Notification, and at some point you will have to install the Android OS update.

The notification reads that an update has completed successfully. The OP just cannot swipe it away, is the issue.

Miljan Milosavljevic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You having the issue on pull down notifications or lock screen?
lock screen. screen doesn't light when I have notification
a2fe8c80a5196f73150d40799b62c8c6.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe because I am on stock ROM... I usually don't update because I don't want to risk battery leaking... maybe this version of software got a flaw

Its possible a bug but try without the flip cover see if notifications come through..I'll dig around in a little bit in settings see if I can come up with anything

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe because I am on stock ROM... I usually don't update because I don't want to risk battery leaking... maybe this version of software got a flaw

Wondering how you made out ? Did you test without the flip cover?

Only thing I found if you go into settings and search led cover service go into it and grant it some permissions and check in settings and search device administrators and should be highlight led cover service . Let me know

Brucebrianed

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm using the LG Stylo 4 and have taken steps to manage notifications in general. Perhaps these will help others.

1. Execute Settings --> Apps & Notifications
2. --> App Info --> Show System from the 3-dot menu
3. Select the Android System App
4. Select App Notifications

There'll be a list of Notifications to enable/disable. Finding a happy medium between "too much" and "too little" takes a little tweaking given your focused interests.