Lock Screen Notifications

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now let's check some individual apps. Go to Settings>Apps, select Messages, then Notifications, and tap the words "Incoming messages" (not the toggle). Is "Lock screen" set to "Show all notification content" there as well?

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, now let's check some individual apps. Go to Settings>Apps, select Messages, then Notifications, and tap the words "Incoming messages" (not the toggle). Is "Lock screen" set to "Show all notification content" there as well?
Yes, it says "Show all notification content" and is checked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Starting to grasp at straws here. In Settings>Notifications, is Enhanced Notifications turned on?

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Argh, I feel like I've seen this before, but just can't remember the root cause.😖

Let me see if anyone else has any ideas.
Do you also know if this is normal? I don't want to see "Tomorrows Weather" forecast. I literally have to scroll over to see the current locations weather... I would prefer if I only see ONE location's weather at all times based on my GPS location at the moment....

Attachments

• 111111111111111111.png
    111111111111111111.png
    8 KB · Views: 25
  • 22222222222.png
    22222222222.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 25

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I plugged my phone into the wall. No charging message yet. That's at least good.

Do you know if notifications on the lock screen are supposed to show the little app icon after the pop-up floating notification disappears? I swear I thought all the apps would be the persistent traditional rectangular notification on the lock when they haven't been manually cleared. My apps are showing a little notification icon on the lock screen.

Attaching a photo to show you what I see after a notification comes in on my phone.

I'm still trying to figure out why my mail isn't showing the persistent notification on the lock screen.

It's a little weird that when my phone wakes up, all I see is the icon and not the preview. I'd like to see the preview.
When you tap on the icon does it show a preview?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you also know if this is normal? I don't want to see "Tomorrows Weather" forecast. I literally have to scroll over to see the current locations weather... I would prefer if I only see ONE location's weather at all times based on my GPS location at the moment....
I'm pretty sure that's a function of At A Glance, and is supposed to "intelligently" show you what's useful for you. I don't think you can adjust that.

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if this a security feature because Lock screen with biometric
I never had these issues with my Pixel 5 on biometrics. I was only on Android 13 though.

I'll try removing that on the Pixel 8 and see what happens.

I might even fully restore the phone at this point.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the main differences between your phone and mine (assuming this isn't a hardware difference, since I have a 7 Pro) is that I think you have Face Unlock turned on, while I don't. Try disabling Face Unlock and see if the same issue persists.

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
One of the main differences between your phone and mine (assuming this isn't a hardware difference, since I have a 7 Pro) is that I think you have Face Unlock turned on, while I don't. Try disabling Face Unlock and see if the same issue persists.
I just reread the previous page on this thread. Apparently I did turn off "Skip the lock screen" under Face Unlock. I don't know how that got re-enabled....

I'll have to retest this and get back to you.

Reactions: B. Diddy

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Ok, that did the trick. Two apps are appearing correctly on my lock screen now as previews. I didn't receive an email yet. I can't confirm that one.

Settings>Security & privacy>Device Unlock>Face & Fingerprint Unlock>Face Unlock> Skip lock screen.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha! Glad that worked. Still weird why Face Unlock would do that, though. I would still send feedback to Google about this.

Reactions: mutant777

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Aha! Glad that worked. Still weird why Face Unlock would do that, though. I would still send feedback to Google about this.
I just got an email notification from Android Central. It's working correctly. You guys are great. One of the reasons why I return to this site for support.

By the way, I re-edited my post to include the path to get to the specific setting.

I'll submit something to Google. Such an annoying feature... Maybe I'm just using my phone in the way they didn't intend? :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah face unlock could do it
fd716212a98338d6d22f56dabb85e57a.jpg