Fast wireless charging option

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I am not finding this option in my settings, battery, advanced.

I tried putting my phone on a quick wireless charger but that did not kick in the option.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I go to device maintenance and the three dots I don't get anything for charging.

When I click on battery and advanced, you can see the wireless charging option is not there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116-095505_Device maintenance.jpg
    Screenshot_20190116-095505_Device maintenance.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20190116-095529_Device maintenance.jpg
    Screenshot_20190116-095529_Device maintenance.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 47

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I go to device maintenance and the three dots I don't get anything for charging.

When I click on battery and advanced, you can see the wireless charging option is not there.

I'm sorry you said fast wireless charging I was thinking cord fast charging ..makes sense you need a fast wireless charging pad to activate it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
also pie has this feature not sure oreo does dont remember seeing it , but in settings search fast wireless charging

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
also pie has this feature not sure oreo does dont remember seeing it , but in settings search fast wireless charging

I put it on a fast charging pad and it did not activate it and I have searched it and nothing comes up. My Note 8 charges fast on that pad and has the option for fast charging in the battery settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I put it on a fast charging pad and it did not activate it and I have searched it and nothing comes up. My Note 8 charges fast on that pad and has the option for fast charging in the battery settings.

Did you try search it in settings and type in search bar

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens on mine, I put it on a Samsung fast wireless charging pad last night but it doesn't fast wireless charger

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same thing happens on mine, I put it on a Samsung fast wireless charging pad last night but it doesn't fast wireless charger

Using the same cable and brick the stand came with? If so try a reboot see if everything goes back to normal and fast charges.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You aren't [yet] on Pie which has improved this area a lot.

I've had trouble with Settings on both Oreo and Pie betas that led to resetting to clear glitches - some serious as Settings is essential and indispensable.

Any 3rd party app might be involved in charging a d battery?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I am not finding this option in my settings, battery, advanced.

I tried putting my phone on a quick wireless charger but that did not kick in the option.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Do you mean fast wirelessly charging the Note 9?

If so you need a fast charging pad, a fast charging plug/ adapter AND a cable that is cable of fast charging. Then, it will work.

My set up is an Anker wireless charging pad, an Anker USB to micro USB cable and the Samsung fast charger plug that came with the note 9. This fast charges wirelessly every time. Often where people struggle is because the cable isn't good/ fast enough.

The pad and the cable are both available on Amazon (separately) and are really good value. I love Anker products. Cheap, top quality and durable. I also have two of their power banks for charging on the go. Really fast.

By the way, I am still on Oreo.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's strange note 8 picks it up but not the note 9 ...got look through again In settings.

Okay, so after placing the Note 8 back on that pad, I am not seeing fast charging. So, perhaps I misread it.

The charger is old. It does charge but not fast charge. I ordered a new fast wireless charger today. As soon as it gets here, I will update my post.

Thanks so far for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so after placing the Note 8 back on that pad, I am not seeing fast charging. So, perhaps I misread it.

The charger is old. It does charge but not fast charge. I ordered a new fast wireless charger today. As soon as it gets here, I will update my post.

Thanks so far for your help.

Your welcome, keep us updated.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome, keep us updated.

Okay, I am going to claim partial insanity due to my Galaxy watch ...

After reading your helpful post, I decided to look at the charging block. I moved twice between July and September and things got a bit scattered. I went to the garage and dug up a quick charging block and it works. My phone has been activated with the fast wireless charging and now I can give my friend this older charging pad because I think he is going to buy my Note 9.

Now if I can just get my Galaxy watch to cooperate. I had it GREAT finally, after a month of pain and torture, and then I got the new phone and had to reset everything. Today I force closed all my apps and cleared all the cache in hopes I can get this watch working again. I am really starting to hate it.

Thanks again for all your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, I am going to claim partial insanity due to my Galaxy watch ...

After reading your helpful post, I decided to look at the charging block. I moved twice between July and September and things got a bit scattered. I went to the garage and dug up a quick charging block and it works. My phone has been activated with the fast wireless charging and now I can give my friend this older charging pad because I think he is going to buy my Note 9.

Now if I can just get my Galaxy watch to cooperate. I had it GREAT finally, after a month of pain and torture, and then I got the new phone and had to reset everything. Today I force closed all my apps and cleared all the cache in hopes I can get this watch working again. I am really starting to hate it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Anytime, glad its working now :)

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Oh dear. Good luck. So many people have had various issues with the Galaxy Watch. I think I've just been lucky. Everything works, although I've had to figure a few things out. I think it's amazing, but as I say, maybe just lucky. My main gripe was heart rate when exercising but I seem to have sussed that out too (fingers crossed it will stay that way). At the end of the day, if a device is causing you more hassle than enjoyment, it's not worth it. These things are supposed to make our lives easier and add a bit of fun, too.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear. Good luck. So many people have had various issues with the Galaxy Watch. I think I've just been lucky. Everything works, although I've had to figure a few things out. I think it's amazing, but as I say, maybe just lucky. My main gripe was heart rate when exercising but I seem to have sussed that out too (fingers crossed it will stay that way). At the end of the day, if a device is causing you more hassle than enjoyment, it's not worth it. These things are supposed to make our lives easier and add a bit of fun, too.

I love everything about the watch but the step tracker. I don't use the heart rate monitor. I am hoping Samsung will finally just come out with an update that addresses all these things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2