AT&T Note 9 still stuck on August security build

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've got an AT&T branded Note 9 and I'm stuck on the August security patch. Build number ending in ARH4.

I've rebooted, checked for updates OTA and using Smart Switch. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Brett.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously speaking what is the problem with ATT and updates?

I was never able to update my Note 9 either. It was always stuck on July and always said no updates available. I had to manually install the update from November.

I don't see these problems with any other carrier. I'm in South Florida if that makes any type or difference. My phone was purchased directly from ATT.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Seriously speaking what is the problem with ATT and updates?

I was never able to update my Note 9 either. It was always stuck on July and always said no updates available. I had to manually install the update from November.

I don't see these problems with any other carrier. I'm in South Florida if that makes any type or difference. My phone was purchased directly from ATT.

I think there was a bug in one of the earlier builds didn't allow to update but if I remember correctly the people that manual updated to November were able to update to December normally .

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Last night I finally got this sorted by manually updating using Odin. Details on what I used are HERE. Hopefully I'm able to get OTA updates going forward.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I'd have done full factory reset / cleared cache / safe boot.

Mine is also bought from AT&T and on Dec. Now waiting for Pie which includes Jan security updates.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
another thing I like to point out
Samsung switch on your computer make sure in settings then preference software update is checked that way when a update for your phone is available it has it downloaded and alert you