Is it because of Brexit?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Seems to be taking a very long time for the new pie update to come to the UK. Can't think why only select countries are getting it.

The title is in jest but it is getting sightly frustrating.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Switzerland isn't in the EU and I got the update a few days ago. But I'm pretty sure Samsung is moving their offices out of the UK as are most bigger international companies - they might just be busy firing people.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Switzerland isn't in the EU and I got the update a few days ago. But I'm pretty sure Samsung is moving their offices out of the UK as are most bigger international companies - they might just be busy firing people.
Yeah, every day there are new stories of business leaving, the country is in recession in most sectors now, shops shutting everywhere, drugs that might not get to sick people if there is a hard Brexit, but it's all 'scaremongering' from 'bitter remoaners', we live in one messed time for democracy.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It will come when it comes. And when it does it will not be life altering. We will all use our phones the same as we did before the update as we impatiently wait and complain about the next one.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I just finally got the December security update from AT&T. I highly doubt I'll see pie before spring based on AT&T's track record with updates. I'm really not in a hurry anyway. My phone is running perfectly with amazing battery life compared to my Note 8 so I'm quite happy to wait.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, every day there are new stories of business leaving, the country is in recession in most sectors now, shops shutting everywhere, drugs that might not get to sick people if there is a hard Brexit, but it's all 'scaremongering' from 'bitter remoaners', we live in one messed time for democracy.
I'm just not sure what's so great about leaving the EU. It's not like the EU is a tyrannic state trying to mess up the UK. Considering what the UK looked like well into the 80s, all the EU did was catapult you out of industrial collapse into a relatively well-off nation. But it's easy to forget.

Of course that's about to change now. I can just tell you one thing: without freedom of movement and extensive trade ties, Schengen etc, Switzerland would be a massive mess now. But I guess if the UK prefers being the conservative party's power lust's b****, then that's the way it's going to be. First thing after Brexit will be May's announcement that for emergency management's purpose, a government reform will give her presidential powers that she of course will return after a few years or so. Or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty