AI text feature. "Can't check this text because it might contain inappropriate content."

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving the AI test edit feature.

But I am getting this a lot.

"Can't check this text because it might contain inappropriate content."

Yes, I am sh!t posting on @X. Is this Google throttling free speech? Is there a setting somewhere to override the text nanny?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, first off it's Samsung doing this not Google.

Second it has nothing to do with free speech. To my knowledge, neither Samsung nor Google belong to an arm of the US government, so they are under no obligation to respect your right to free speech. And if they were, they would only have to respect it, and would be under no obligation to assist you with it.

Always shocks me how many Americans talk about constitutional rights with absolutely no idea how they function.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

oatmeal-claypole

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
I'm loving the AI test edit feature.

But I am getting this a lot.

"Can't check this text because it might contain inappropriate content."

Yes, I am sh!t posting on @X. Is this Google throttling free speech? Is there a setting somewhere to override the text nanny?

It's nothing to do with free speech. Companies are trying to avoid a repeat of the Microsoft chat bot fiasco which started spewing hate speech within a day of launch.

So all the LLMs have safeguards built in them to prevent the model from responding to potentially objectionable content. This can result in a false positives where a combination of words could trip those safeguards.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's nothing to do with free speech. Companies are trying to avoid a repeat of the Microsoft chat bot fiasco which started spewing hate speech within a day of launch.

So all the LLMs have safeguards built in them to prevent the model from responding to potentially objectionable content. This can result in a false positives where a combination of words could trip those safeguards.
Or in this case, just a positive lol