One UI Gesture space beneath keyboard

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
LIking One UI so far, and love the gesture swipes as I was already using the autohide taskbar so I was swiping up anyway, gestures just took one step away and looks cleaner!

But using the Samsung keyboard there is empty space beneath the keyboard that I do not like. Anyone else notice this? Any way to get rid of it?

Screenshot_20190201-093908_Messages.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's there because it's actually uncomfortable to use the keyboard without that space there. It's mostly for ergonomics. If you want that gone, you'll have to use a different keyboard from the Play Store.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's there because it's actually uncomfortable to use the keyboard without that space there. It's mostly for ergonomics. If you want that gone, you'll have to use a different keyboard from the Play Store.
Hmm, not sure I'd agree with you there as GBoard goes right to the foot and is ergonomically sound. But maybe the discomfort you mention applies only to the S keyboard. I wouldn't know because I don't like or use it.
2c951e5deccfee2f329ba28e117cb6ed.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, not sure I'd agree with you there as GBoard goes right to the foot and is ergonomically sound. But maybe the discomfort you mention applies only to the S keyboard. I wouldn't know because I don't like or use it.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190201/2c951e5deccfee2f329ba28e117cb6ed.jpg

I know Gboard goes all the way to the bottom. That's why I suggested it to the OP who wants it that way. Personally it's more difficult to type on that than something with a space below, and I know several hundred at least agree with me (point of discussion on Reddit).

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I personally love the new gestures. It's so much more fluid in use and I got used to it instantaneously!
Me, too. Go with strikell's tip and download Samsung's One Handed Operation+ from the Galaxy App store. You can configure even more gestures from swipes in different directions and lengths from the sides of the screen. It's amazing combined with nav bar gestures because no buttons are needed! Even more fluidity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty