07-13-2019 11:14 PM
104 123 ...
tools
    I LOVE the new update, i think it has pulled me away from Nova and any other 3rd party Launcher, but i keep going back and forth with the nav bar options. i like how the screen looks with the gestures, but i'm a creature of habit, i'm so use to the buttons. what is your preference?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-05-2019 09:36 AM
    I LOVE the new update, i think it has pulled me away from Nova and any other 3rd party Launcher, but i keep going back and forth with the nav bar options. i like how the screen looks with the gestures, but i'm a creature of habit, i'm so use to the buttons. what is your preference?
    I like the buttons...I don't like to interfere with Samsung Pay
    Beansr519 and jimd1050 like this.
    02-05-2019 09:41 AM
    Same here. I no longer use Nova. These gestures are great. I hid the hints for the more immersive look.
    Beansr519 and Rohan Maheria like this.
    02-05-2019 09:45 AM
    I use gestures 💯%
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-05-2019 09:49 AM
    I tried the gestures and I'm not really fond of them. I thought that maybe I didn't like it because it kept hitting Samsung pay, but once I took Samsung pay off of the homescreen and tried the gestures it still wasn't impressive.
    02-05-2019 10:00 AM
    I tried the gestures and I'm not really fond of them. I thought that maybe I didn't like it because it kept hitting Samsung pay, but once I took Samsung pay off of the homescreen and tried the gestures it still wasn't impressive.
    i finally figured out how to move the samsung pay (dont judge me!! LOL!), so i'm going to give it another try...
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    02-05-2019 10:24 AM
    Same here. I no longer use Nova. These gestures are great. I hid the hints for the more immersive look.
    that's what got my attention! with the Gestures the screen looks bigger and more "clean" to me
    02-05-2019 10:25 AM
    I use gestures %
    I've never been a gestures guy, but i'm going to give this a try...
    02-05-2019 10:26 AM
    took Samsung pay off the home screen and love the gestures now lol.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-05-2019 10:47 AM
    I've never been a gestures guy, but i'm going to give this a try...
    Started with my iPhone x loved gestures ever since.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-05-2019 10:48 AM
    Definitely the BUTTONS for me. I tried the gestures for all of 1 minute. Didn't like them- especially with the S Pen. I have my navigation bar always on. I've also left Nova and am now using the stock launcher for the first time in a long while and liking it. Maybe because all my traditional home screen customisation has ended up in the EDGE PANELS.
    Beansr519 and jimd1050 like this.
    02-05-2019 11:00 AM
    i finally figured out how to move the samsung pay (dont judge me!! LOL!), so i'm going to give it another try...
    I wish it would let you remove Samsung pay from the home screen at the bottom while still allowing you to swipe up on the finger print sensor to bring it up. Seems to be both or neither.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-05-2019 11:02 AM
    I'm sticking with the buttons. For me it's easier and faster. I also really like the double tape of the recent button to switch between the last two apps.

As soon as Good Lock is updated I will also have my camera shortcut back on this bar.
    02-05-2019 11:09 AM
    I wish it would let you remove Samsung pay from the home screen at the bottom while still allowing you to swipe up on the finger print sensor to bring it up. Seems to be both or neither.
    Now there's an idea...! oooohhhh SAMSUNGGG! lol!
    02-05-2019 11:22 AM
    I'm sticking with the buttons. For me it's easier and faster. I also really like the double tape of the recent button to switch between the last two apps.

As soon as Good Lock is updated I will also have my camera shortcut back on this bar.
    i didnt know about the double tap...good stuff!
    02-05-2019 11:23 AM

While I'm trying out gestures for the time being, I do miss the double tap for sure.
    02-05-2019 11:34 AM
    This is only an issue on the main home page. If you have multiple home screens, the Samsung pay at the bottom goes away.

Since your swipe up on the home page would take you to the same home page you are already on, why does it matter if the Samaung pay swipe tab is there? Makes sense why they left it from that perspective.

I get that most of us are used to the hidden nav bar and probably naturally swipe somewhere in the middle, but it really is a matter of retraining your movements on the screen.

Realistically, just shut off the Samsung pay on the home screen and leave it on the lock screen and when off. How many times are you really using your phone at the same time you are paying. Just swipe up from the lock screen or when it is off.

I do agree it would be nice for the finger print sensor swipe to work with the home screen button off.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-05-2019 11:44 AM
    I'm using 100% guestures without HINT where the bars showed. After few days of using, and now automatically swip at certain location. LOVE IT!
    02-05-2019 11:59 AM
    Gestures definitely!
    02-05-2019 12:12 PM
    I'm using 100% guesture without HINT where the bars showed. After few days of using, and now automatically swip at certain location. LOVE IT!
    I'm going to give it a try...
    TMavC5 likes this.
    02-05-2019 12:20 PM
    This is only an issue on the main home page. If you have multiple home screens, the Samsung pay at the bottom goes away.

Since your swipe up on the home page would take you to the same home page you are already on, why does it matter if the Samaung pay swipe tab is there? Makes sense why they left it from that perspective.

I get that most of us are used to the hidden nav bar and probably naturally swipe somewhere in the middle, but it really is a matter of retraining your movements on the screen.

Realistically, just shut off the Samsung pay on the home screen and leave it on the lock screen and when off. How many times are you really using your phone at the same time you are paying. Just swipe up from the lock screen or when it is off.

I do agree it would be nice for the finger print sensor swipe to work with the home screen button off.

If I am to the left or right of my home page either for apps or widgets, the Samsung Pay tab remains. Therefore if I swipe up it takes me to Samsung pay instead of my main home page. Same thing if I'm in my App drawer. So there's that.

And there are times when I have my phone in use and want to go to Samsung Pay, so all and all, it seems silly to not have an option to be able to eliminate the SP tab at the bottom and still use the finger print swipe to bring SP up. It would solve both of my problems.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-05-2019 12:40 PM
    Gestures with hints off along with OneHand Operation+ from the Samsung App store makes for a great experience. Does not interfere with Samsung Pay. I use SP all the time.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-05-2019 02:23 PM
    If I am to the left or right of my home page either for apps or widgets, the Samsung Pay tab remains. Therefore if I swipe up it takes me to Samsung pay instead of my main home page. Same thing if I'm in my App drawer. So there's that.

And there are times when I have my phone in use and want to go to Samsung Pay, so all and all, it seems silly to not have an option to be able to eliminate the SP tab at the bottom and still use the finger print swipe to bring SP up. It would solve both of my problems.
    Sam pay only come up if you swipe from very bottom of the screen. Remember, the buttons location on the screen before guesture, it is slightly above the edge of the screen. If you can remember that when swipping, you're set.
    02-05-2019 02:53 PM
    Sam pay only come up if you swipe from very bottom of the screen. Remember, the buttons location on the screen before guesture, it is slightly above the edge of the screen. If you can remember that when swipping, you're set.
    Not for me. As long as the SP tab is at the bottom, there is no way for me to swipe up from bottom and utilize the home gesture. Goes to SP every time (or if my finger is too high, nothing happens, but no going home).

Again, all they need to do is allow you to use swipe up with finger print for SP without the tab being at the bottom and problem solved. I cannot imagine that's a hard fix.
    02-05-2019 03:27 PM
    If your'e on your home screen the home swipe up gesture does nothing because you're already on your home screen. Its suppose to do nothing.

If you're on your home screen and swipe from the very bottom your Samsung Pay will open. Exactly the way it suppose too. Samsung Pay only shows on your home screen.

Thus, Samsung Pay doesn't interfere with the home screen gesture function.
    Not for me. As long as the SP tab is at the bottom, there is no way for me to swipe up from bottom and utilize the home gesture. Goes to SP every time (or if my finger is too high, nothing happens, but no going home).

Again, all they need to do is allow you to use swipe up with finger print for SP without the tab being at the bottom and problem solved. I cannot imagine that's a hard fix.
    02-05-2019 04:10 PM
104 123 ...