Note 10 INFO FOR NOTE 9 USERS

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
This just in! The whole phone will be covered in cameras! Lol!

Initial reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S10+camera aren't jaw-dropping.What's the point of having 4 cameras if the single Google Pixel camera is better? (and I rarely use the camera on my Note 9 !). I will definitely get the Note 10 but would rather receive info from Samsung that would raise my hopes of getting much better battery performance, Fast Charge 3 or 4, greater S Pen functionality and a better infra screen FPS. PLUS QUAD DAC. ALSO NVMe.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Initial reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S10+camera aren't jaw-dropping.What's the point of having 4 cameras if the single Google Pixel camera is better? (and I rarely use the camera on my Note 9 !). I will definitely get the Note 10 but would rather receive info from Samsung that would raise my hopes of getting much better battery performance, greater S Pen functionality and a better infra screen FPS. PLUS QUAD DAC. ALSO NVMe.

Depends on the situation, pixel camera I can see doing better in low light and still but the Samsung has better video and wide angle for the rear which the pixel dont have ,not to forget pro mode with more control which pixel dont have either. So there will be plus and minus on both sides

Fast-T

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
I oten use my Note9 to review pictures taken on my Nikon D7200. Spare me with more cameras in a phone and get the things right the Note 9 is supposed to do: productivity.

A foldable display with SPEN support would be a dream and probably make me buy a new note. Although the price tag on such a phone would likely be out of reach for me.
The 1000$ on the note 9 were hard to swallow already.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the situation, pixel camera I can see doing better in low light and still but the Samsung has better video and wide angle for the rear which the pixel dont have ,not to forget pro mode with more control which pixel dont have either. So there will be plus and minus on both sides

Thanks for the reply. I know very little about photography and rarely use the camera.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Initial reviews of the Samsung Galaxy S10+camera aren't jaw-dropping.What's the point of having 4 cameras if the single Google Pixel camera is better? (and I rarely use the camera on my Note 9 !). I will definitely get the Note 10 but would rather receive info from Samsung that would raise my hopes of getting much better battery performance, Fast Charge 3 or 4, greater S Pen functionality and a better infra screen FPS. PLUS QUAD DAC. ALSO NVMe.

The main camera may review as better on the Pixel but all of these phones perform very similar there. None of them are significantly better than the competition.

The extra cameras provide additional lenses for the same reason a photographer buys more lenses for their DSLR. The telephoto lens gets you closer to the subject and a wide angle fits more into the scene, these are things the Pixel cannot do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The main camera may review as better on the Pixel but all of these phones perform very similar there. None of them are significantly better than the competition.

The extra cameras provide additional lenses for the same reason a photographer buys more lenses for their DSLR. The telephoto lens gets you closer to the subject and a wide angle fits more into the scene, these are things the Pixel cannot do.

I agree..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I want note 10! I want Note 10 NOW! Anyone considering buying one of the folding phones from Samsung or Huawei instead of the Note 10?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I want note 10! I want Note 10 NOW! Anyone considering buying one of the folding phones from Samsung or Huawei instead of the Note 10?

Not me. $1980 for Samsung and $2600 for Huawei is WAY too much for a phone IMO. They better be able to shoot lasers and make me coffee. I do want the N10.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I can't even verbalize how idiotic it is to buy one of these folding phones. Truly a case of having too much money that you can just afford to throw it away on a technology that is nowhere near ready.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't even verbalize how idiotic it is to buy one of these folding phones. Truly a case of having too much money that you can just afford to throw it away on a technology that is nowhere near ready.

What makes you think all buyers can afford it?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Nowhere near ready in what way, exactly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress